Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DVD player question

DVD player question

Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:46 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVD player question

Originally Posted by mohogony
So if my friend can't unlock his DVD player and l give him an Aussie DVD player to take back with him to the UK, he is allowed to take it back with him, theres no law against taking an Aussie region DVD player into the UK becasue it could be used to breach copright or something,
Can't see why. If that were true 1000's of us expats would have all been done bringing our UK ones here!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
So if my friend can't unlock his DVD player and l give him an Aussie DVD player to take back with him to the UK, he is allowed to take it back with him, theres no law against taking an Aussie region DVD player into the UK becasue it could be used to breach copright or something,
Your friend's machine may already be multi-region, in which case it will play Aus and UK dvds, check that out first.

There is no law against taking a dvd player back to the UK, anymore than there is against brigning a UK one here.

However it might be easier (certainly from the luggage point of view) for your friend to buy a cheap multi-region one in the UK
Old May 19th 2009, 6:55 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: DVD player question - unlocking regions

Does anyone know how I can unlock a Sharp DV-NC60H? I brought it from the UK and can't play region 4 (AUS) DVDs which is a nuisance.
Old May 19th 2009, 8:25 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

my 78's won't fit in the cup holder
Old May 19th 2009, 10:14 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DVD player question - unlocking regions

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Does anyone know how I can unlock a Sharp DV-NC60H? I brought it from the UK and can't play region 4 (AUS) DVDs which is a nuisance.
Sorry, I couldn't find one using my usual sources.
Old May 19th 2009, 10:53 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Thanks for trying mate!