Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Duration for citizenship…

Duration for citizenship…

Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:10 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Duration for citizenship…

I’m helping out a work colleague here as she does not know the answer and neither do I…

She entered Australia on a 457 Sponsorship visa on 12 April 2005. She was granted permanent residency on 7 November 2007.

We are trying to work out when she can become a citizen and whether she can ‘get on’ the old system before the new rules come into play, ie can she become a citizen in April 2009.

Thanks
Shaun
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of
Default Re: Duration for citizenship…

Hi

Because she obtained P.R.after 1 Jul 07, the new 4 year rule will apply. However i think she can count up to 3 yrs of temporary residence to apply for citizenship.. you may want to check with an agent..
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee
I’m helping out a work colleague here as she does not know the answer and neither do I…

She entered Australia on a 457 Sponsorship visa on 12 April 2005. She was granted permanent residency on 7 November 2007.

We are trying to work out when she can become a citizen and whether she can ‘get on’ the old system before the new rules come into play, ie can she become a citizen in April 2009.

Thanks
Shaun
www.citizenship.gov.au has a calculator to determine your eligibility.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 7:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shaun&Dee

Thanks
Shaun
She will be eligible in April 2009. 4 years of eligible residence with at least the 12 months prior to application being as a PR.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 11:04 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
She will be eligible in April 2009. 4 years of eligible residence with at least the 12 months prior to application being as a PR.
Agree witht he above, she should do her test soon and get her application ready to go in in April.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:03 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by northernbird

Thanks. Thats what I thought.
Shaun