Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dunsborough / Bussleton

Dunsborough / Bussleton

Old Apr 16th 2003, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Default Dunsborough / Bussleton

Anyone give me some good infor on dunsborough or bussleton

Ideally im looking for a polace small, with pubs and small shops with main school and shops a feww kms away

got to be a friendly place too

im a teacher so hopefully jobs will be ok

Or will i be better off in ocean reef (or nearby)

Many Thanks TAMBO
Old Apr 17th 2003, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

It's a good few years since I was there but it seems a beautiful part of the world. No too far south of Metro Perth and close to the Maragret River wine, cave an beach area.
Old Apr 17th 2003, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

springflower will become famous soon enough

Hi Tambo

We are off to Busselton in a few weeks time. I have family who live there. It is very beautiful, beaches are great, only half hour drive from Bunbury which is a lot bigger. It all depends what you want out of life. Pubs in small places are not the same as in UK, they are mostly hotels and because the day starts earlier they tend to close around 10pm although in Bunbury it is more lively, with nightclubs and pubs. Busselton and Dunsborough tend to be more family orientated, there are schools, enough shops to get by, ie 3 supermarkets, plenty of cafes, everything really, loads of outdoor facilities and the people were very friendly when we visited. I cant comment on Ocean Reef because I have never been.
Here are some websites I have in my favorites.
Hope this helps and if you want any other info please PM me.

Jan :-)

www.southwestlife.com.au
www.watercorporation.com.au/marinecam/ (Jetty Cam)
www.elders.com.au (houses)
www.rwbusselton.com.au (houses)