Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ducted Air Con/Central Heating??????...........

Ducted Air Con/Central Heating??????...........

Old Jun 14th 2006, 7:58 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ducted Air Con/Central Heating??????...........

Approx cost to install for the average new build 4x2, does anyone know????
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:39 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ducted Air Con/Central Heating??????...........

10-12k for r/c or 5-7k for ducted gas is what i was quoted for 11 outlets and 4 zones.

Lynn
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:48 am
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
10-12k for r/c or 5-7k for ducted gas is what i was quoted for 11 outlets and 4 zones.

Lynn
Ta Lynn, was that in a new build?
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:55 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

The ducted gas was for our current house which is 3 years old, the rc was for a new build. I also got a quote from the builders to do it (not that i'm building just weighing things up) and the quote was slightly cheaper with them. Someone who works with John has just had rc installed in their new build and were told it is best to get 3 phase power for rc or you can keep tripping the box if you have it on with lots of other things, so maybe worth getting a cost on that too.

Lynn
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:57 am
Drifting back to earth

The ducted gas was for our current house which is 3 years old, the rc was for a new build. I also got a quote from the builders to do it (not that i'm building just weighing things up) and the quote was slightly cheaper with them. Someone who works with John has just had rc installed in their new build and were told it is best to get 3 phase power for rc or you can keep tripping the box if you have it on with lots of other things, so maybe worth getting a cost on that too.

Lynn

Ta lynn, all scribbled down,, more questions for the builder, they hate us!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 8:59 am
Breeding little aussies

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Ta lynn, all scribbled down,, more questions for the builder, they hate us!
so long as they do what you want who cares, i was also told never to get a builder to install your lights as they will screw you for it, just get them to finish the ceilings and get your own sparky to do it, I have no idea how true this is but it came from a home builders rep

Who are you using?

Lynn
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:01 am
Drifting back to earth

so long as they do what you want who cares, i was also told never to get a builder to install your lights as they will screw you for it, just get them to finish the ceilings and get your own sparky to do it, I have no idea how true this is but it came from a home builders rep

Who are you using?

Lynn
Homebuyers Centre at Balcatta, we're building at Aubin Parklands which is tacked onto the bottom of Atwell, they've been pretty good so far only tried to screw us once
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:15 am
Breeding little aussies

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
Homebuyers Centre at Balcatta, we're building at Aubin Parklands which is tacked onto the bottom of Atwell, they've been pretty good so far only tried to screw us once

Don't worry they'll try loads more times, but what does it matter so long as you are happy in the end.

Good luck with it all!

Lynn