Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dubai or Australia? Teens especially!

Dubai or Australia? Teens especially!

Old Jul 22nd 2014, 10:49 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai or Australia? Teens especially!

Originally Posted by economy_1
In terms of GDP, world brands and tax free lifestyle Dubai (UAE) is far ahead then many backward western countries. UAE and Middle East have already given tough competition to several western countries specially airline business (Emriates V/s Qantas etc.).

If you mean life milking cows in South Australia while paying 30-40 percent in taxes which money in-turn goes to new PR immigrants driving taxis well it can be your choice but lot of people like career growth,exposure,competition,cheaper flights and specially short flight distances.
The middle-east is a backward muslim toilet. The only country of any worth there is Israel - and they ain't muslim

Adelaide may not be the most exciting place in the world but at least the women there can do/wear/say whatever the hell they like and holding hands and kissing in public is not a crime

Last edited by Amazulu; Jul 22nd 2014 at 10:51 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
He/she claims to be a 13 year old looking for advice. Certainly the post reads like that of a young teen. Until we know different I think we should assume the OP is a child and address him/her as such.

OP: Australia every time.
You're a nicer person that I am. I find the opening post totally unbelievable, for many reasons.

And the slippery slope continues with the above post....
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:16 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You're a nicer person that I am. I find the opening post totally unbelievable, for many reasons.

And the slippery slope continues with the above post....
Sure, but if you are wrong you have caused more harm than I have in assuming it was genuine. I would have to be 100% certain the poster wasn't genuine before I risked verbally abusing a 13 year old. That's not niceness; it's common adult decency. Are you 100% certain?
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 12:27 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, but if you are wrong you have caused more harm than I have in assuming it was genuine. I would have to be 100% certain the poster wasn't genuine before I risked verbally abusing a 13 year old. That's not niceness; it's common adult decency. Are you 100% certain?
I'm sure that no 13 year olds were harmed by my post But since it has offended you, I'll delete it.

Personally, I find 'backward Muslim toilet' far more offensive, but that's just me. There's only one way this thread is going.

ps can't delete my post. It'll just have to sit there amongst the other stellar comments!

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jul 23rd 2014 at 12:29 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 1:54 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure that no 13 year olds were harmed by my post But since it has offended you, I'll delete it.

Personally, I find 'backward Muslim toilet' far more offensive, but that's just me. There's only one way this thread is going.

ps can't delete my post. It'll just have to sit there amongst the other stellar comments!
I agree about that comment
Yours didn't so much offend me - it's just I am a bit soft about teens cos they go to such lengths to project themselves as knowledgeable and robust but are often quite vulnerable inside. Call me a dickhead online and it would roll off me, possibly I would just crush you with a sophisticated retaliation, but a young person might find it a bit intimidating being called that just because they asked for help. Anyway, they might decide the Australian expat community doesn't look too friendly
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 9:08 am
Concierge

I agree about that comment
Yours didn't so much offend me - it's just I am a bit soft about teens cos they go to such lengths to project themselves as knowledgeable and robust but are often quite vulnerable inside. Call me a dickhead online and it would roll off me, possibly I would just crush you with a sophisticated retaliation, but a young person might find it a bit intimidating being called that just because they asked for help. Anyway, they might decide the Australian expat community doesn't look too friendly
I actually agree with most of that. Except the bit about crushing me with sophisticated retaliation - I know how to look after myself when necessary

Oh, and except the bit about having a soft spot for teenagers, horrible little oinks

Anyway, let's hope the 'my country/religion is better than your country/religion' comments have been put to rest with our sparkling repartee
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

OP posted the same question in both the Barbie and the Sandpit and hasn't contributed to either of them since so I'd say it's pretty safe to assume they're not even reading it.
Old Jul 26th 2014, 2:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

After reading the World section of the newspaper this cynic sometimes
wonders if the Middle East and places nearby is a bit of a toilet sometimes.

At the extreme, like a rag-tag of hot-heads and children...even the Indians we deal with at work onshore and offshore are like children at the best of times.

Never underestimate cultural relativity.
Old Jul 26th 2014, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to add..

I believe being an expat at the right time and in the right place can be a real enabler for adults and children alike. It can be a very exciting experience which can really shape a life - studying at a international school and picking up languages for one thing. It's like being at University in some ways - a group of people out to have fun and work etc. I think that the plus side in Dubai can certainly outweigh the negative. There is always a time to put the lid on it - living as a permanent expat can go past it's sale-by date - I am not talking about migrants now of course.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 9:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Your parents are allowing/asking their 13 year old to decide where you'll all move to? Wow! That's both incredibly liberal of them, and also puts a heap of pressure on a child. Where would they prefer to pursue their careers and lives? They're the ones who will have to go to work, negotiate the day to day stuff like housing, transport, bill paying etc - plus they're the ones responsible for your well being, not the other way around.

I can see the reasoning in asking for your opinion, but can't for the life of me fathom why they'd leave the decision up to you
Just because they're asking he question tdoesn't mean the parents are leaving the decision up to the child. It's just possible that the parents are looking at all ideas and the child has decided (with or without the parents approval) to ask some questions in order to give the parents more info.

I know we suggested to both daughters (10 and 12 at the time) to google Australia and see what they could find before we moved and they most certainly didn't have a say in the decision as it had already been made.

Oh and just because they've not yet come back and replied to either thread doesn't mean they're making trouble or trolling, it could possibly mean they have a life and haven't had a chance.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 12:00 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Just because they're asking he question tdoesn't mean the parents are leaving the decision up to the child. It's just possible that the parents are looking at all ideas and the child has decided (with or without the parents approval) to ask some questions in order to give the parents more info.

I know we suggested to both daughters (10 and 12 at the time) to google Australia and see what they could find before we moved and they most certainly didn't have a say in the decision as it had already been made.

Oh and just because they've not yet come back and replied to either thread doesn't mean they're making trouble or trolling, it could possibly mean they have a life and haven't had a chance.
Well yes, I assume they have a life, otherwise they'd be dead and not posting on forums.

I get the message.
Old Aug 1st 2014, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

economy_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The middle-east is a backward muslim toilet. The only country of any worth there is Israel - and they ain't muslim

Adelaide may not be the most exciting place in the world but at least the women there can do/wear/say whatever the hell they like and holding hands and kissing in public is not a crime
Every one need to pay bills and have to work for their survival.By kissing in public and holding hands, women can only become pregnant which in anyway not going to add anything to their career or to Adelaide or to Australia (It will only add burden on other tax payers (baby bonus)). Western countries are same backward western toilet with lifetime tax slavery price tag.The only country of any worth there is Iran because Iran don't have tax slavery system.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1157398

Last edited by economy_1; Aug 1st 2014 at 3:52 pm.
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 1:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Every one need to pay bills and have to work for their survival.By kissing in public and holding hands, women can only become pregnant which in anyway not going to add anything to their career or to Adelaide or to Australia (It will only add burden on other tax payers (baby bonus)). Western countries are same backward western toilet with lifetime tax slavery price tag.The only country of any worth there is Iran because Iran don't have tax slavery system.

Gaza Truth - CNN iReport
If you really believe that a woman holding hands or kissing in public is going to get her pregnant, then any meaningful debate with you is going to be impossible (unless you are taking the piss)

From some of your previous posts, I see that you are interested in other countries like the US, but seriously dude, the west is not for you and you need to go and find yourself an islamic 'paradise' - Iran sounds like it might be that place

Good luck
Old Aug 2nd 2014, 6:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

The people of Gaza elected Hamas in 2006 - they are reaping what they have sown

The main problem for the people of Palestine is their religion
Old Aug 4th 2014, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Gaza Truth - CNN iReport
Why would you post that article. What does Gaza have to do with Dubai?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.