Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dubai Airport Hotel

Dubai Airport Hotel

Old Nov 19th 2005, 8:26 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dubai Airport Hotel

Anybody stayed overnight here?

Is it true that Emirates offer a free stay for stays over 8 hours or something? otherwise where can I find prices as I can't see it on Emirates website.

Ta v. much

Louise
Old Nov 19th 2005, 8:54 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dubai Airport Hotel

Originally Posted by ljj

Is it true that Emirates offer a free stay for stays over 8 hours or something? otherwise where can I find prices as I can't see it on Emirates website.

Ta v. much

Louise
Think your right, my Mrs & daughter are flying Emirates back to UK next year & they get a free overnight stay in Dubai.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by ljj

Ta v. much

Louise
Hi

Are you talking about staying in Dubai or the actual hotel enclosed within the airport? You maybe able to get a free night in Dubai itself.

The airport hotel is not run by emirates, but it does cost USD$30 (last time I enquired) per hour. They also have a really nice health spa there, so if you just want a break you can get a massage and shower to freshen up in there, was lovely when I used it.

Have fun
Old Nov 19th 2005, 9:10 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Free is best! whichever is free.

Louise
Old Nov 20th 2005, 12:56 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
Free is best! whichever is free.

Louise
Louise - sorry, honey, but NOTHING is free in Dubai. Except of course if your connecting flight is delayed by over 8 hours.

A free overnight stay means they dont charge you for the priviledge of staying overnight in Dubai and leaving your luggage in Dubai IF you are in transit... doesnt mean your hotel/transportation etc is free.

The airport hotel that is in the airport is handy, but nothing special. It's great if you arrive after 11pm, and just want to sleep until you catch your next flight in the morning.

Once you arrive though you will have to go to the transit desk and get your transit coupon & next onwards check-in ticket to make sure your bags go through with you on the flight. You dont have to pick them up.

IF you do decide to overnight in the city, get a hotel near to the airport. Emirates will sort out shuttle buses with the hotel, but depending on how quickly your fellow travellers on the same shuttle bus clear immigration (can take up to 2 hours) and then collect their baggage, it is often easier to just pay for a taxi (about 20-30 Dh).

Here's a link to the dubai stopver bargains run by emirates.
http://www.emirates.com/Dubai/stay/S...opoverhome.asp
The good thing about their breaks are that you get a 24hour check-in/out price, so if your flight leaves in the evening, then you dont have to check-out of the hotel until 3 hours before your flight leaves.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:23 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Louise - sorry, honey, but NOTHING is free in Dubai. Except of course if your connecting flight is delayed by over 8 hours.

A free overnight stay means they dont charge you for the priviledge of staying overnight in Dubai and leaving your luggage in Dubai IF you are in transit... doesnt mean your hotel/transportation etc is free.

The airport hotel that is in the airport is handy, but nothing special. It's great if you arrive after 11pm, and just want to sleep until you catch your next flight in the morning.

Once you arrive though you will have to go to the transit desk and get your transit coupon & next onwards check-in ticket to make sure your bags go through with you on the flight. You dont have to pick them up.

IF you do decide to overnight in the city, get a hotel near to the airport. Emirates will sort out shuttle buses with the hotel, but depending on how quickly your fellow travellers on the same shuttle bus clear immigration (can take up to 2 hours) and then collect their baggage, it is often easier to just pay for a taxi (about 20-30 Dh).

Here's a link to the dubai stopver bargains run by emirates.
http://www.emirates.com/Dubai/stay/S...opoverhome.asp
The good thing about their breaks are that you get a 24hour check-in/out price, so if your flight leaves in the evening, then you dont have to check-out of the hotel until 3 hours before your flight leaves.

Thanks for the info, very worth knowing.

Louise
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Thought about asking in the ME section? I'm sure people there will be able to help with recommendations and the like...