drug use in OZ

Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:10 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was in Oz a few years ago the smoke of choice was Hydro. And yes it was pretty expensive. However, just drive to Nimbin (not a hop, skip and a jump away for most people I know....) and you can get good quality stuff from there. At a reasonable price as well.

Bob Marley - again when I was there I knew someone who was getting it for $70 a gram. From what he told me it was pretty crap though. I never heard of anyone paying $200 for it though.

E - you can make E anywhere - it doens't have to come from the Netherlands (though if it does it's probably better stuff as they have testing kits there so it's probably...erm....safer - for lack of a better word). When I was there (2000 / 2001) the club scene in Sydney was really taking off and lots of people were taking pills.

Anyways, don't want to turn this into a drug thread.

Drugs are everywhere. Australia, Canada, American, UK, NZ, France, Germany....I'm sure they even have them in Belgium and Fiji. People will always take them - young, old, middle aged. If Governments would just wake up and smell the coffee they'd realise that people are always going to be taking them....so instead of banning them and driving them underground and therefore making them very unsafe they should look at decrimilising them and making them a bit safer. I smoke the odd spliff now and then....don't see why I should be considered a criminal for that. I think it's wrong that people who want to buy weed sometimes need to go to people who are also selling crap like ice and herion.....I'm old enough and wise enough to know not to buy stuff like that....but is your 17yr old son/daughter?

Oh yeah and don't forget - alcohol is a drug.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:30 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Vee

Oh yeah and don't forget - alcohol is a drug.

You blaspheme !
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I see someone on here was moaning about this post.

As a non drug user I found it informative, as to what is going on with newer type drugs.

Secondly, for any parent with kids coming here I would have though it was invaluable.

Thirdly the fact so many people have knowledge of drugs here goes to prove drug use is just as rampant as anywhere else.

Only thing I cant work out is why people found it offensive, this is a part of OZ culture just as much as surfing is, in fact I bet there are more drug users than surfers.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
I see someone on here was moaning about this post.

As a non drug user I found it informative, as to what is going on with newer type drugs.

Secondly, for any parent with kids coming here I would have though it was invaluable.

Thirdly the fact so many people have knowledge of drugs here goes to prove drug use is just as rampant as anywhere else.

Only thing I cant work out is why people found it offensive, this is a part of OZ culture just as much as surfing is, in fact I bet there are more drug users than surfers.
I think there was someone on another post wondering why there was no one complaining about the drug posts. As you say drugs are a part of Oz culture and there are differences to the UK which makes the topic ripe for discussion.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:50 pm
WBB

i think you would find if peeps were honest most people 35 or under have at some point in theyre life at least once sampled a little hedonism.

maybe a puff on a joint with a mate or a line of coke on a works party.

im not condoning it to anyone and as a father of two young girls i feel it is valuable knowledge to have and something i can use to guide them through.

drugs are everywhere because the demand is there and it is time for goverments to start doing something instead of sitting on the fence.

:lecture:

Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:40 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
i think you would find if peeps were honest most people 35 or under have at some point in theyre life at least once sampled a little hedonism.

maybe a puff on a joint with a mate or a line of coke on a works party.

im not condoning it to anyone and as a father of two young girls i feel it is valuable knowledge to have and something i can use to guide them through.

drugs are everywhere because the demand is there and it is time for goverments to start doing something instead of sitting on the fence.

:lecture:

Want to know why you restrict the 'most's to 35 and younger - just turned 39 today and can 'talk' about most drugs with my kids (of course they know my knowledge comes from books). Each generation thinks they have invented the latest and greatest, and I thought my mum had no clue when I was growing up.

'drugs' - I do not restrict my discussion with my kids just to known specific illegal chemical ones, glue sniffing, under age drinking, smoking - even adrenaline. I was horrified to read a kid died trying to surf off the boot of a speeding car here. (Then I caught myself on and remembered me hanging out the window of a speeding car going 60 round country lanes).

I agree I think knowledge is a good aid to give kids to resisting some of the pit falls - but I would be a naive parent if I didn't think at some point the little gits will try something they shouldn't

Cheers Sandra

PS - don't the herbs grown well in this climate, now if I could just find the right seeds?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:30 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Sandra

PS - don't the herbs grown well in this climate, now if I could just find the right seeds?
yes... the seeds are very easy to come by. certain shops sell them in one of the everyday products, and yes they grow very well.

.... I sometimes mix with the wrong type of people . And no I don't smoke or grow the stuff myself ,I'm very anti drug. I only drink the beer drug

P.S Happy Birthday
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:21 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Look up hydroponics in the yellow pages. There is a shop I drive buy on the way to work on the parramatta road in Leichardt.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am 39 and never tried drugs, never had the urge, When my mates were spending on drugs I was driving stupid 3l cars. So I guess I just did petrol. But I find this thread fascinating. Plus think its useful for those coming out here who think theres less drugs / temptation here than UK.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 3:56 am
Just Joined

pitty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
But I find this thread fascinating. Plus think its useful for those coming out here who think theres less drugs / temptation here than UK.
its rife in any city. its a fact of life these days. i feel that its better to have facts and make your own decision than just be force fed ,"drugs are bad, mmmkay..."
i remeber reading a quote:"Remember when sex was safe and drugs were dangerous."
my group of friends are by no means your 'typical' druggies, but any weekend we go out it will contain some sort of drug usage, alcohol, spliff, & every couple of months maybe an E. the weird thing is that we dont even give a moments thought of it being dangerous or illegal. but we are informed and educated in knowing when to stop and when its pushing things too far.

your kids WILL be exposed to drugs sooner or later. even in sunny Aus.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:43 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Another informative post, for the dreamers, if there are any left after this thread!

First of all, being Dutch, I want to add, have never had any hard drugs in my life, not going to either. Last month was the first time I heard of someone I knew taking ecstacy. And I've been here 7 years....

Anyway, just before I left WA in 1996, I was 14 and in year 9, I found out that about 90% of my year (about 60 people I think) had smoked pot/weed/marahuijna(sp???????) And a lot of them were smoking regulary. And all this happenend during school breaks a lot of the time.
I was so shocked, because my 4 friends didn't till then, and I knew of a few kids who did, but not all the others had at least tried it as well, including the most popular goody goody girls in the class!

Anyway, so my conclusion is that there's heaps more smoking going on in OZ than in Holland, but of course that's generalizing.
But the fact is, nobody in my class in Holland (when I was 14/15) smoked it! (but I do live in a country town in Holland, not Amsterdam). But then again... I also lived in a country town in WA, it was even smaller...
Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

A good thread, especially for those of us with children. Saw my cousin out in Oz this year, said to him whats life like then? First thing he said was: " well it's a nation of pot heads ".

Theres no escape from drugs, they're everywhere. Better to be clued up than bury your head in the sand, I think.
Old Sep 29th 2003, 10:05 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe that people moan about drugs. Still. People with children should know exactly what is going on in the drug world...they should know what the code words are, what the prices are, what the side effects are, how to tell if your kid is taking them, and who they are getting them from. If you don't know this information then your kid could be doing anything.

Drugs will ALWAYS be around - in cities, suburbs and even rural areas. Selling drugs is probably the second oldest profession after prostitution.

Australia probably has as many drugs as the UK does. If not more. All those rural areas where you can grow it, or make it. I'm for one quite looking forward to growing my own (if you want to know my secret PM me).
Old Sep 29th 2003, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Been a good thread this , we are anti drugs , never tried it either dont want to . My 2 beautiful cousins are now on the streets and are addicts , injecting the crap , what a waste of lives . But i have to say that its made me try to explain to my 2 all about it what it does etc. Scott came home tonite from a mates and said the older brother being all of 16 is on Marajuana , dont tell his mum scott said . All i can say is hopefully scott will talk to me like he did tonite and be open and i will be proud of him and help if they need it . Do love a tipple though us girls from here had a good time in scarbourgh at weekend ,russell crowe playing next door , probably high as a kite ( only joking ) .but hey we all do different stuff and i wont run no one down who does drugs etc each to ones own hey thats what i say.Just like steandleigh said better to be clued up than bury your head in the sand isnt it !!!!
Joanne xx
Old Sep 29th 2003, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

joecan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by steandleigh

Theres no escape from drugs, they're everywhere. Better to be clued up than bury your head in the sand, I think.
Very true I think. I'm always a little bit surprised when people criticize threads such as this. Being forewarned is better surely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.