Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Drought Stricken Hillbillies Won't Recycle Water

Wikiposts

Drought Stricken Hillbillies Won't Recycle Water

Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:50 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drought Stricken Hillbillies Won't Recycle Water

These are the people whose sports stadium has a "Nigger Brown" stand.

RESIDENTS of drought-stricken Toowoomba, in southern Queensland, look set to reject the notion of drinking their own waste water.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,19954703-2,00.html
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:57 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drought Stricken Hillbillies Won't Recycle Water

Originally Posted by renth

RESIDENTS of drought-stricken Toowoomba, in southern Queensland, look set to reject the notion of drinking their own waste water.

.....and your point is???
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:58 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

well....I don't know all the ins and outs of the science behind it, but the idea of drinking recycled water doesn't appeal to me either!
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:58 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

BTW "Nigger" Brown was as white as me and you.......
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Not all of us are hillbillies you know. Some of us only have one head too
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by banjo
well....I don't know all the ins and outs of the science behind it, but the idea of drinking recycled water doesn't appeal to me either!
Not after watching this doco the other day about a bloke who was a diver that repaired sewage plant tanks and the concerns he and his collegues
had about working in the stuff. :scared:

If used, recycled water should only be used for industry such as power stations, parks etc.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:10 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
.....and your point is???
My point is that recycled water is used the world over. It has been used in the UK for decades, The water that comes out of your tap in London or Washington is recycled yet towns like Toowoomba, which will cease to exist it the drought continues, are too ignorant to save themselves.

Their ignorance is demonstrated by this decision and their decision to keep the word "Nigger" on their stadium.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

My point is that recycled water is used the world over. It has been used in the UK for decades, The water that comes out of your tap in London or Washington is recycled yet towns like Toowoomba, which will cease to exist it the drought continues, are too ignorant to save themselves.

Their ignorance is demonstrated by this decision and their decision to keep the word "Nigger" on their stadium.

If my memory serves me right I think that London tap water has been recycled up to 7 times.

I watched a bit on a local news programme years ago and they had on there 3 so called experts. They lined up all different glasses of water in front of the to taste, you should have heard the old bull they came out with. This is Malvern spring, Evian, Perrier etc etc. It wasn't until the end they told them every glass was filled with London tap water
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jond
If my memory serves me right I think that London tap water has been recycled up to 7 times

I watched a bit on a local news programme years ago and they had on there 3 so called experts. They lined up all different glasses of water in front of the to taste, you should have heard the old bull they came out with. This is Malvern spring, Evian, Perrier etc etc. It wasn't until the end they told them every glass was filled with London tap water
You heard what an "expert" is: an "ex" is a has-been and a "(s)pert" is a drip under pressure.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:37 am
(It's not my real name)

Peter Beattie supports recycling water. I'm surprised such an astute politician allowed the Toowoombans to vote on whether they would be happy (in their minds) "drinking their neighbours piss"
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
You heard what an "expert" is: an "ex" is a has-been and a "(s)pert" is a drip under pressure.

I agree.

I have to appear in court every so often as an "expert" witness and you only have to look at me to see what a load of rubbish that is
Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Peter Beattie supports recycling water. I'm surprised such an astute politician allowed the Toowoombans to vote on whether they would be happy (in their minds) "drinking their neighbours piss"
Actually I think you'll find that up until last week he was calling the recycling of water the "Armageddon option". He's had an amazing volte-face in the last week. Politicians are obviously the same the world over

I think a lot of people in Toowoomba voted no because they felt that alternative options hadn't been explored fully.

I would have voted yes but we didn't get a vote as we live just south of the town and get our water from Cambooya Shire. Most people round us have tanks -it's just unfortunate that until a few years ago the Council didn't allow people in town to have tanks as well .(Something to do with problems with breeding of mosquitoes I think.) We don't get any of the water rebates from the Queensland Gov't here - how short sighted is that
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Actually I think you'll find that up until last week he was calling the recycling of water the "Armageddon option". He's had an amazing volte-face in the last week. Politicians are obviously the same the world over

I think a lot of people in Toowoomba voted no because they felt that alternative options hadn't been explored fully.

I would have voted yes but we didn't get a vote as we live just south of the town and get our water from Cambooya Shire. Most people round us have tanks -it's just unfortunate that until a few years ago the Council didn't allow people in town to have tanks as well .(Something to do with problems with breeding of mosquitoes I think.) We don't get any of the water rebates from the Queensland Gov't here - how short sighted is that

Trouble is polititians are really only interested in the quick-fix or blaming each other. Beattie said weeks ago that they could possibly pipe water from Nth Qld, this week he said that studies COULD take years and an actual pipeline could MAYBE built sometime in the next 50 to 100 years, that is if they can decide who is actually going to pay for it. Most shires in the South Burnett have allowed tanks for the better part of a century, with no problems, but in the cities it has been illegal.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:22 pm

Peter Beattie would support anything that would keep him in a job for another term and then support anything to keep him in after that.

He is by trade a polititian, the way they are able to do backflips they should enter the Olympic gymnastics.

Anyay 99.9% of all referendums fail to be passed by the electorate anyhow, so why should this one be any different.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by jond
I agree.

I have to appear in court every so often as an "expert" witness and you only have to look at me to see what a load of rubbish that is
LOL
It is the case of which "expert" do you believe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.