Drought ?

Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:19 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drought ?

What drought ?!?!?

Its been pissing it down all weekend here.....oh yeah and its a bank holiday theres a surprise
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Drought ?

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
What drought ?!?!?

Its been pissing it down all weekend here.....oh yeah and its a bank holiday theres a surprise
Think yourself lucky you aren't in south west Queensland..........rained a bit there recently too.
Attached Thumbnails Drought ?-bollon3.jpg   Drought ?-eromanga.jpg   Drought ?-st_george_aerial_5.jpg   Drought ?-st_george_aerial_7.jpg   Drought ?-bollon.jpg  

Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:41 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

What drought ?!?!?

It was torrential at 6am this morning in Melbourne!

Arrived at the airport to find about a foot of water across the entire freeway at the airport entrance - think they forgot about drainage when designing roads in Mel.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

What drought ?!?!?

So English.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
It was torrential at 6am this morning in Melbourne!

Arrived at the airport to find about a foot of water across the entire freeway at the airport entrance - think they forgot about drainage when designing roads in Mel.
I'm wondering if a lot of the drains are having problems because this is the 1st big rain we've had for a long time (i.e. lots of blockages). Also lots of run-off from the hard earth. I'd imagine the roads are going to be a bit slippy as well.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:55 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I'm wondering if a lot of the drains are having problems because this is the 1st big rain we've had for a long time (i.e. lots of blockages). Also lots of run-off from the hard earth. I'd imagine the roads are going to be a bit slippy as well.
Yes I'm sure there is an element of that...certainly a lot of debris littering the streets at the moment.

Was in the CBD yesterday and there were abandoned water logged cars all over the shop. Saw this poor old couple fetching their soggy belongings out of their car which had clearly been underwater.

Back to the drought...that was a pretty large area of rain last night so hopefully at least some of it made its way into the catchment.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:25 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

As i've said before i've never seen a country in a drought have so much frickin rain.

Wrong type of rain maybe ?
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:39 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

SEQ dams have gone from 17% two years ago to 93.8%. In fact from 74% since 26th Feb, so yes we've had some rain. Perhaps triggered by the millions spend on water pipelines, and de-salination plants that now lie unused ( and rusty )
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:42 pm
Account Closed

As i've said before i've never seen a country in a drought have so much frickin rain.

Have you seen how sunny it is outside? Get out there while you can.

Drought just means less rain than normal but how many rainy days did we have in Jan and Feb this year. 4 maybe? That's not a lot of rain.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:49 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Have you seen how sunny it is outside? Get out there while you can.

Drought just means less rain than normal but how many rainy days did we have in Jan and Feb this year. 4 maybe? That's not a lot of rain.
Thats cos its summertime
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Your correct.... dont get me going on this subject.

Comes down to the freaking state borders.

Most people haven't seen how beautiful Melbournes gardens and parks used to be back in the 70's and early 80's.... when the sprinklers where left on most of the summer.

Stupid, ignorant, state government border freaking issues.

Then we have dickheads claiming there is to much population.... when it comes down to freaking infrastructure.

It really annoys me this subject.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 7th 2010 at 10:57 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

Thats cos its summertime
There has been talk that the drought may be breaking. If you compare this year to 2006 then it's been very raining indeed.

The other thing is that it's a big place. I know last winter the Mornington Peninsula got normal levels of rainfall whereas other parts of Vic didn't. As you live not that far north of the MP (in Toorak ) I suspect that you've had something like normal rainfall as well over the last year.

I did think summer was dryer than normal but at the same time we had one of the coldest summer days I've experienced since being here.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:59 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Your correct.... dont get me going on this subject.

Comes down to the freaking state borders.

Most people haven't seen how beautiful Melbournes gardens and parks used to be back in the 70's and early 80's.... when the sprinklers where left on most of the summer.

Stupid, ignorant, state government border freaking issues.

Then we have dickheads claiming there is to much population.... when it comes down to freaking infrastructure.

It really annoys me this subject.
The problem with infrastructure is that it has to break (or get near breaking point) before the people allow governments to do something about it. I believe there were similar problems before they built the Thompson Dam.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with infrastructure is that it has to break (or get near breaking point) before the people allow governments to do something about it. I believe there were similar problems before they built the Thompson Dam.

Yehp.... that why I want the population floodgates wide open....so to speak
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:06 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by datamile
de-salination plants that now lie unused ( and rusty )
Well they couldn't be expected to rustproof the thing - they had to make sure the visitor centre was finished first!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.