Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving with Windows Open?

Driving with Windows Open?

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 9:31 pm
Livin it large

Mctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant futureMctree has a brilliant future
Default Re: Driving with Windows Open?

Originally Posted by newlife_downunder
Hi,

Off on a recci visit 7th March (Yippie). Can someone tell me if it is true that you are not allowed to drive with the windows open. Or are they just winding me up????

Thanks
Only illegal if you're driving a Motorbike.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I tried driving with windows open, but when I was in the car I couldn't see the laptop's screen, so I have no ideas of whether it works or not...

S
It's irresponsible to use a laptop whilst driving!
You may spill coffee on the keyboard.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:43 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tofster
It's irresponsible to use a laptop whilst driving!
You may spill coffee on the keyboard.
Don't be silly, coffee would keep you awake, you need to be drinking XXXX or Bundy&coke
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

"Bundy&coke"

as long as its with lime and no ice, but I would have to say its still not a patch on Mountgay rum!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 12:50 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Off on a recci visit 7th March (Yippie). Can someone tell me if it is true that you are not allowed to drive with the windows open. Or are they just winding me up????

Thanks
Brilliant !!

God help us when you get here.

And about convertibles ....driving along with your roof down is a definate no-no - it's because of the magpies that swoop down and try to nick your stubbie that will be glittering in the sunshine.

The Magpie Police don't like magpies to get pissed ...rowdy devils.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

knifey_spoony is an unknown quantity at this point

@this thread.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CasG
Brilliant !!

God help us when you get here.

And about convertibles ....driving along with your roof down is a definate no-no - it's because of the magpies that swoop down and try to nick your stubbie that will be glittering in the sunshine.

The Magpie Police don't like magpies to get pissed ...rowdy devils.
Nice one CasG!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 5:30 am
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all

Hi,

Thanks
What the hell are you doing listening to other people?? The country is hot!!!! Most people keep windows closed to keep the car cool when they got the air con on. There are some who have the windows open but I reckon they havent got air con!! We just got back from our recci......fantastic and nothing like you expect!! Its better. GOOD LUCK!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:20 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sreeby
What the hell are you doing listening to other people?? The country is hot!!!! Most people keep windows closed to keep the car cool when they got the air con on. There are some who have the windows open but I reckon they havent got air con!! We just got back from our recci......fantastic and nothing like you expect!! Its better. GOOD LUCK!
I have to have the window open. The aircon on my 89 Falcon hasn't worked in years. Livin' the dream!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 11:00 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I have to have the window open. The aircon on my 89 Falcon hasn't worked in years. Livin' the dream!