Reload this Page >

Driving test Queensland

Driving test Queensland

Old Dec 28th 2003, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving test Queensland

Hi all

How easy / hard is the driving theory test in Queensland? I have bought the book and been reading it on and off over the past week or so.

Regards

Steve
Old Dec 28th 2003, 5:21 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Driving test Queensland

Originally posted by cookies
Hi all

How easy / hard is the driving theory test in Queensland? I have bought the book and been reading it on and off over the past week or so.

Regards

Steve
Hi Steve
I've been told it is easy, but I got 6 questions wrong when i first took it. But then again I hadn't read the book. I should try again one day , but must get the book first! I've been driving so long, everything is just auto pilot to me, I dont think about what I do

Old Dec 29th 2003, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

I went to take my test this morning and..........it was closed! I guess I will have to wait until 5 Jan 04.

I have been doing the practice tests on the QLD RAA website - there seem to be quite a few questions on there that are not in the book. This is probably a nice earner for the State coffers - sell a book that does not contain all the answers, get punters to take the test at $15.50 a go - they fail, and have to pay more for the retake(s)!

Very cunning indeed!

Regards

Steve
Old Dec 29th 2003, 9:12 am
ABCDiamond

I went to take my test this morning and..........it was closed! I guess I will have to wait until 5 Jan 04.

I have been doing the practice tests on the QLD RAA website - there seem to be quite a few questions on there that are not in the book. This is probably a nice earner for the State coffers - sell a book that does not contain all the answers, get punters to take the test at $15.50 a go - they fail, and have to pay more for the retake(s)!

Very cunning indeed!

Regards

Steve
Steve
Do you have the link to the RAA QLD website for the theory test?

Old Dec 29th 2003, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

I am afraid I am not that literate on the computer! I have cut and pasted the address - is this any help?

http://www.raa.net/page.asp?SecID=83&rnd=0.533424

Regards

Steve
Old Dec 29th 2003, 10:30 am
ABCDiamond

I am afraid I am not that literate on the computer! I have cut and pasted the address - is this any help?

http://www.raa.net/page.asp?SecID=83&rnd=0.533424

Regards

Steve
The link worked OK, but it is for South Australia.
That might explain the difference in questions.

I've tried the WA online test and I pass it every time, but the SA one, wow, I failed it miserably. I can't find one for QLD, but that may be because QLD does not have a computerised theory test yet. At least not in my area.

Old Dec 29th 2003, 10:52 am
Ev'n'John

John and I both passed first time, so it can't be that difficult! As long as you have read the book thoroughly you should be fine.

The first section is all on the give way rules - make sure you've got the "give way to the right" rule straight!

Good luck
Evelyn.

Old Dec 30th 2003, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ev - the Qld authorities aren't that devious then! Hopefully I will take my test on Friday. Fingers crossed!

Steve
Old Dec 30th 2003, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Is the test taken verbally or do you write the answers down???And where do you buy the Highway Code book from?
Old Dec 30th 2003, 10:35 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by tinaj
Is the test taken verbally or do you write the answers down???And where do you buy the Highway Code book from?
In QLD its written down, a case of mark the x's in the correct places.
You buy the book from the local Motor Registry office.

Are you heading for QLD ?