Wikiposts

Driving lience

Old Dec 30th 2004, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

andyaldy will become famous soon enough
Question Driving lience

can anyone help me, i need to know if i take my photo card driving lience to oz will this be enough to drive there for the first few months, i understand after three months i will need to take a written test, also will i be able to hire a care with just a GB drivers lience.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future
Default Re: Driving lience

Originally Posted by andyaldy
can anyone help me, i need to know if i take my photo card driving lience to oz will this be enough to drive there for the first few months, i understand after three months i will need to take a written test, also will i be able to hire a care with just a GB drivers lience.
Yep, you can use the UK licence for 3 months, and there will be no problem in hiring a car.

The only thing I have come across that a UK licence will not do for you is to act as photo id in certain Queensland pubs (my sons fell foul of this). According to one pub manager "anyone can download a UK licence from the Internet" which is real rich coming from a Queenslander with the mickey mouse licences they have (a Qld licence looks remarkably like a laminated video library card)
Old Dec 30th 2004, 1:29 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyaldy
Andy,
The laws vary depending on which state you are going to and what type of visa you hold. Let us know that please.
Old Dec 30th 2004, 7:48 am
Just Joined

darius71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

How about Tasmania as a PR?

Thanks

Darius
Old Dec 30th 2004, 12:38 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darius71
Hi

Thanks

Darius
Hi Darius,

Welcome to the forum mate.
You gonna sing to the throngs in Tassie then eh ?

I think it's 3 months for you then you have to take the theory test.

Anyone in Tassie confirm this one please ?
Old Dec 30th 2004, 3:17 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darius71
Come on guys, google isn't that difficult to use.

http://www.transport.tas.gov.au/lice...s_licence.html

Peter
Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:27 am
Just Joined

darius71 is an unknown quantity at this point

to Bix: yep, I gonna...
to ptlabs: thanks for the link.

happy new year!
Old Dec 31st 2004, 11:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trevglas
The only thing I have come across that a UK licence will not do for you is to act as photo id in certain Queensland pubs (my sons fell foul of this). According to one pub manager "anyone can download a UK licence from the Internet" which is real rich coming from a Queenslander with the mickey mouse licences they have (a Qld licence looks remarkably like a laminated video library card)
They may well just have been looking for an excuse not to let him in.

Jeremy
Old Dec 31st 2004, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ptlabs
Come on guys, google isn't that difficult to use.

http://www.transport.tas.gov.au/lice...s_licence.html

Peter
Yes, I know, bl**dy users coming on this forum and asking questions. If you've got a question, ring the council, or use google, or talk to some bloke in a pub, don't come on here asking questions

This forum is for uhhmmm .... oh...., yeah....., right

Seriously though, where else would we learn little snippets of information like

a UK licence will not do for you is to act as photo id in certain Queensland pubs
Did you know that? Does google tell you that?

Also, where would this forum be if the standard response was, 'use google', or 'ring the council', or 'look at the immi.gov.au website'. Its strange having administrators saying, go away and use somewhere else to find the answers

Happy new year,
JTL