Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

britzinbrisbane.com

britzinbrisbane.com

Old Dec 28th 2004, 9:12 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default britzinbrisbane.com

Has this site gone down ? I cant get on , Ive been on there once about 3 weeks ago and since then been getting server errors when I try to connect to the forums or anything other than the main homepage. Homepage was ok for 3 weeks then now its just gone - website not found.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 9:26 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: britzinbrisbane.com

Originally Posted by spalen
Has this site gone down ? I cant get on , Ive been on there once about 3 weeks ago and since then been getting server errors when I try to connect to the forums or anything other than the main homepage. Homepage was ok for 3 weeks then now its just gone - website not found.

nope can't get on for you either - tried doing it via google, same error.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

yes it appears to be no more, I spoke to ABC Diamond about this one (anyone who has been on the site will know ABC Diamond!)

We think they have either forgotton to renew their domain fees or have decided it not worthwhile continuing with it, after all at the last look I think it had only 107 members.

Shame though, it was a close knit community which really served its purpose and was soley aimed at the Brisbane issues. This site seems a bit unfriendly and cold at times
Old Dec 28th 2004, 9:56 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Keep with it - most of us are nice really

I guess with however many thousands of members there are on here, they'll always be 'one or two' that like to try and spoil it.

Last edited by mlbonner; Dec 28th 2004 at 10:05 am.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by manxfamily
yes it appears to be no more, I spoke to ABC Diamond about this one (anyone who has been on the site will know ABC Diamond!)

We think they have either forgotton to renew their domain fees or have decided it not worthwhile continuing with it, after all at the last look I think it had only 107 members.

Shame though, it was a close knit community which really served its purpose and was soley aimed at the Brisbane issues. This site seems a bit unfriendly and cold at times

Hiya manxfamily,

I post on there under dave and sammy but lately it had gone really quiet had,nt it so i wonder if they,ve pulled the plug on it.Strange if they have because i,m pretty sure the administrater posted recently saying how good he thought the site progressing.Who knows it may be back on after xmas.I was,nt as active on there because we are unsure where we,re going again Perth/Brissy.

dave
Old Dec 29th 2004, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose the administrators could be away for christmas and forgot about renewing their fee. Anyway well see soon enough.

So how far are you on making a decision between Perth or Brissie?

We had the same thing but elected for Brissie 100% now.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 9:05 am
ABCDiamond

I suppose the administrators could be away for christmas and forgot about renewing their fee. Anyway well see soon enough.

I thought it was run by the same people that run Poms in Perth, so I emailed them, but they haven't replied.

If it doesn't re-appear this maybe of interest to you.
http://www.brisbane.abcdiamond.com
I am still working on it though

Old Dec 29th 2004, 9:59 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
It continues to evolve and mature like fine wine
Old Dec 29th 2004, 3:51 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I thought it was run by the same people that run Poms in Perth, so I emailed them, but they haven't replied.

If it doesn't re-appear this maybe of interest to you.
Just joined your forum, Look forward to seeing others join in soon.

Rachel
Old Dec 29th 2004, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

we feel stuck in the middle of the pair of them,it can go one to the other from one week to the next.The truth is i can,t see anything pushing us one way without worrying it should be the other even a rock solid job offer.We,ve been to Perth and loved the place the only concern was work,i,ve since learned it may not be as bad as i,d thought.Also we,ve got friends there.

I really like the look of SE Queensland i just wish we would have spent some time there when we were in Aus.We have recently met some great people at the 1st two north west meets (next one on sunday) and most of them are going to the Brissy area around the same time we hope to go over.

The job situation will always be better around Brissy for me.

The good thing about our dilemma is that it could be worse.There could be a third or forth area in the running

Have you been to either area and if so what has made up your mind for you?

dave
Old Dec 29th 2004, 6:44 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Originally Posted by chippy dave
we feel stuck in the middle of the pair of them,it can go one to the other from one week to the next.The truth is i can,t see anything pushing us one way without worrying it should be the other even a rock solid job offer.We,ve been to Perth and loved the place the only concern was work,i,ve since learned it may not be as bad as i,d thought.Also we,ve got friends there.

I really like the look of SE Queensland i just wish we would have spent some time there when we were in Aus.We have recently met some great people at the 1st two north west meets (next one on sunday) and most of them are going to the Brissy area around the same time we hope to go over.

The job situation will always be better around Brissy for me.

The good thing about our dilemma is that it could be worse.There could be a third or forth area in the running

Have you been to either area and if so what has made up your mind for you?

dave
Dave

When we started this process we did a bit of research as to where to go. Focused on capital cities first then looked at what else was around or just somewhere in that state. Sidney was a no-no straight away, then looked at Melbourne, looks very nice but the weather is not what we want and the overly cosmopolitan feel that we read about didn't appeal either. Perth I had been told is very nice and very hot but when looking at WA as a whole it doesn't seem to have much when compared to all that Queensland has to offer. I read that most of population of WA tend to live in or near Perth. But saying all that, I never got to go there as we had a limited budget so had to decide on one state to visit. We chose QLD and visited Brisbane, Noosa & Airlie Beach where we went on a boat trip to GBR, fantastic experience!!! We also went to Steve Irwins Australia Zoo which we also loved. Despite our love of theme parks we never made it to Dreamland, etc. but will do when we eventually move there for good.

Gaz loves nature, wildlife, oceana, etc. and I like them but love surfy beaches and the nice laid back feeling of the city so it is just a great place to live for us with so many things to do that we love. We've two sons aged 14 and 3. Oldest will be going to Uni when he leaves high school and there seems to be a good choice, youngest - well at the moment he just likes the kangaroos, the beaches, all the nice clean playgrounds everywhere and the artificial lagoons. I wish I was 3!!!

Gaz keeps seeing Perth on tv and saying "Perth looks really nice you know" but I have to just ignore him, I don't want to be in the dilema that you're in!

Well that's what I liked about Brissie, QLD but I'm sure there's plenty of people who love Perth & WA.

Happy New Year
Rachel

Ps are u chippy2 on austimeline?
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach

are u chippy2 on austimeline?

Hello rach,

In answer to your question no i,m not chippy2 but i think i know who you mean,Although i hav,nt looked on timeline for a while now (i,m a bit fed up with waiting for something to happen) when it does it does.Glad your set on one area take my advice and don,t put another in the way it,ll give you a problem.

I know we could try one and if that dos,nt work for what ever reason try the other,but i don,t want to keep relocating our little girls are only 5 and 6 and we want them settled sooner rather than later.

dave

ps. whereabouts in manchester are you?
Old Dec 29th 2004, 11:07 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hello rach,

In answer to your question no i,m not chippy2 but i think i know who you mean,Although i hav,nt looked on timeline for a while now (i,m a bit fed up with waiting for something to happen) when it does it does.Glad your set on one area take my advice and don,t put another in the way it,ll give you a problem.

I know we could try one and if that dos,nt work for what ever reason try the other,but i don,t want to keep relocating our little girls are only 5 and 6 and we want them settled sooner rather than later.

dave

ps. whereabouts in manchester are you?
Dave

I know what you mean about the kids settling. Now we've decided on Brissie we're in a dilema about which suburb! We didn't get much time to look round at various ones so we'll have to maybe rent Holiday accomodation for a couple of weeks before putting the kids in school. We dont want them to swap and change schools til we decide which suburb is best for us. I've been trying to find out about the schools in different areas as this will help us decide where to settle. Good schools are one of, if not the, most important factors, especially for our oldest son.

As for the waiting, well I keep getting stressed about it, then I realise I've got a lot more stress to come when we try to sell our house! So it's just not worth it.

I'm North Manc - dyu know Failsworth? Where are you?

Rachel
Old Dec 29th 2004, 11:26 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach
Dave

I know what you mean about the kids settling. Now we've decided on Brissie we're in a dilema about which suburb! We didn't get much time to look round at various ones so we'll have to maybe rent Holiday accomodation for a couple of weeks before putting the kids in school. We dont want them to swap and change schools til we decide which suburb is best for us. I've been trying to find out about the schools in different areas as this will help us decide where to settle. Good schools are one of, if not the, most important factors, especially for our oldest son.

As for the waiting, well I keep getting stressed about it, then I realise I've got a lot more stress to come when we try to sell our house! So it's just not worth it.

I'm North Manc - dyu know Failsworth? Where are you?

Rachel
Have you any ideas on what part of Brisbane yet ? Inland, Bayside etc ?
When are you planning on arriving over here ?

Old Dec 29th 2004, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

try

http://s6.invisionfree.com/BrisbaneB...ex.php?act=idx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.