Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving license points question

Driving license points question

Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:45 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice
Default Driving license points question

Got a bloody brown envelope from the local 'safety camera initiative' (Ha!) this morning!
Clocked going through a red light in my lorry!!

Can anyone offer advice on points and what happens to them when you transfer to an Oz license (most probably WA)?

TIA

Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:53 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving license points question

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Got a bloody brown envelope from the local 'safety camera initiative' (Ha!) this morning!

Can anyone offer advice on points and what happens to them when you transfer to an Oz license (most probably WA)?

TIA

Hey Rob,
Got my UK license transfered into ACT license with similar offence on UK license. Offence didn't carry onto ACT license so I would assume that WA would be the same.

ZX........
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough

TIA

points on an english licence dont get transferd on to an aussie licence
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:59 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Hey Rob,
Got my UK license transfered into ACT license with similar offence on UK license. Offence didn't carry onto ACT license so I would assume that WA would be the same.

ZX........
Hey Jim,

Hows it going??

Thats good news.........license WAS clean and was hoping to keep it that way!! Never mind!

Hear things are going well out there for you.....

Gonna PM with a quick Q if you dont mind.....
Old Nov 11th 2005, 9:00 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Jim,

Hows it going??

Thats good news.........license WAS clean and was hoping to keep it that way!! Never mind!

Hear things are going well out there for you.....

Gonna PM with a quick Q if you dont mind.....

No worries mate.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 11:16 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

sorry about the points thing!! but whilst we are on the subject is a UK licence valid in australia? i heard that we could drive for 3 months then had to retake the driving test in australia - does anyone know if this is true or not? one of the other posters mentioned converting the UK licence into an aussie one - how do you do this?
thanks
vb2

TIA

Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vb2
sorry about the points thing!! but whilst we are on the subject is a UK licence valid in australia? i heard that we could drive for 3 months then had to retake the driving test in australia - does anyone know if this is true or not? one of the other posters mentioned converting the UK licence into an aussie one - how do you do this?
thanks
vb2
As far as I know you can drive on your UK licence for up to 3 monhts then you have to convert it. What you need to do to convert depends on the state. We're heading to Sydney and New South Wales don't require you to do any test you can just exchange your UK one.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:56 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light

TIA

never mind what happens when u get to Oz, just drive with in the speed limiit dickhead. It's not rocket science.......or may be it is.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:57 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spottydog
We're heading to Sydney and New South Wales don't require you to do any test you can just exchange your UK one.
Same in WA.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by baconmaster
never mind what happens when u get to Oz, just drive with in the speed limiit dickhead. It's not rocket science.......or may be it is.
#

I can tell you one thing you f****ng pigheaded arrogant w**ker....If I ever got my hands around your neck, I would wring it so hard, you will be eating and breathing out of your arsehole!!!

Where do you get off talking to people you dont know or have no business with, like that?

Come round my place now and say it to my face - BIG MAN!!.....PM me for the address!!

My god....what a loser!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:56 pm
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

TIA

watch out for the RTA- they are hell compared to the DVLA
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:08 am
vb2

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

many thanks for your advice we are heading for queensland so hopefully we wont have to re take any tests either!!
regards
vb2

Originally Posted by spottydog
As far as I know you can drive on your UK licence for up to 3 monhts then you have to convert it. What you need to do to convert depends on the state. We're heading to Sydney and New South Wales don't require you to do any test you can just exchange your UK one.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:20 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vb2
many thanks for your advice we are heading for queensland so hopefully we wont have to re take any tests either!!
regards
vb2
You wish! Here in Queensland you have to take a theory test. The only thing I can say is always give way to the right no matter what!!!!

More usefully before you take your test do yourself a favour and read up on the "keys to driving" book. You can download it and print it off for some light airplane reading.

I failed mine the first time for being cockey, my dear lady failed twice and my father in law still hasnt passed lol

You dont have to do a practical and dont have to book to do the theory - just turn up and take it there and then.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:29 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
You wish! Here in Queensland you have to take a theory test. The only thing I can say is always give way to the right no matter what!!!!

More usefully before you take your test do yourself a favour and read up on the "keys to driving" book. You can download it and print it off for some light airplane reading.

I failed mine the first time for being cockey, my dear lady failed twice and my father in law still hasnt passed lol

You dont have to do a practical and dont have to book to do the theory - just turn up and take it there and then.
And if you do this test http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/licensing/l...uiz/index.html often enough, you will cover all the questions you might be likely to be asked. We found it useful...

Sue
Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:02 pm
vb2

oh bugger!!! i am useless at tests!! ah well i guess i will have to study, might take my mind off other things in the mean time.
thanks for the advice guys.
vb2

Originally Posted by Centurion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.