Driving License

Old Apr 21st 2009, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future
Default Driving License

How do you change your driving license? Are there any tests? Does it depend on where is your license issued from?
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

huuuugo is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Driving License

I got a Australian License after showing my Dutch one without any hassles in a Country Victorian VicRoads office. Got a 10 year one! This while being a unlawful citizen!!

Also have a mate who's got a wife from Thailand and she had a international license, and when pulled over for a routine check the police suggested that she should get a Australian License since she'd been here 3 years...

So, she went into the NSW RTA (yes, i'd since moved to NSW and even changed over my Vic licence to a NSW one) She wanted to change over here Thai licence (with international tranlation) for a shiny new NSW one, but they made her do a theory and practical driving test before giving her one.

This was a few years after i'd gotten a Australian by showing my Dutch one, but I'm sure there is guidelines for it, probably different by state, but what I'm trying to say is that in a small country town (and the people know you as they knew me) things are done at their descretion.

So I'm not sure what the guidelines tell but can only point out my own personal experiences while being in Australia.

Good luck

H
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:23 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving License

Originally Posted by Dubaiboy
How do you change your driving license? Are there any tests? Does it depend on where is your license issued from?
Would be worth a look at the website of the driving licence authority of the state/territory you plan to live in ... all would be explained.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 3:13 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

What is a driving 'license'?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 4:10 am
Just Joined

woowaa is on a distinguished road

for NSW check this out http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...l_drivers.html

UK and Denmark are on the approved list btw
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:05 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
What is a driving 'license'?
Isn't it the American spelling of Driving Licence ?

eg: A driver's license, driver license, driver licence, or driving licence (see spelling differences) is an official document which states that a person may operate a motorized vehicle.

spelling differences
Nouns ending in -ce with -se verb forms:
American English and British English both retain the noun/verb distinction in advice / advise and device / devise, but American English has abandoned the distinction with licence / license and practice / practise (where the two words in each pair are homophones) that British spelling retains.
American English uses practice and license for both meanings.

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Isn't it the American spelling of Driving Licence ?

eg: A driver's license, driver license, driver licence, or driving licence (see spelling differences) is an official document which states that a person may operate a motorized vehicle.

What's a 'motorized' vehicle.

Last edited by Notts_bloke; Apr 22nd 2009 at 6:33 am.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

It's the follow up of the old "horse drawn carriage", thereafter called the "horseless carriage". With other words a CAR
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by huuuugo
It's the follow up of the old "horse drawn carriage", thereafter called the "horseless carriage". With other words a CAR
So by your definition lorries, buses, vans etc aren't 'motorized'?
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Well, the "horseless carriage" was invented long before the Truck, Bus, Lorry etc was invented and are all different versions of a CAR or AUTO if you ask me
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 9:33 am
ABCDiamond

So by your definition lorries, buses, vans etc aren't 'motorized'?
I reckon those are motorised vehicles myself...

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:15 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

What's a 'motorized' vehicle.
It's how the OED says you should spell motorised but they accept that some Brits can't cope with that spelling as it would involve a surgical procedure to remove their head from their bottom.

You can't help yourself, can you?

Make it funny! Make it ironic! Otherwise you're just a grammar nazi.

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
It's how the OED says you should spell motorised but they accept that some Brits can't cope with that spelling as it would involve a surgical procedure to remove their head from their bottom.

You can't help yourself, can you?

Make it funny! Make it ironic! Otherwise you're just a grammar nazi.

Do you recycle all of your posts?

Go on then show me some evidence. My version of the OED must be wrong.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:54 pm
ABCDiamond

Did you know that the OED states that the word motorized was actually first used in 1901, although previously thought to have been 1922...

http://www.oed.com/newsletters/2002-12/antedatings.html

Old Apr 23rd 2009, 12:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Did you know that the OED states that the word motorized was actually first used in 1901, although previously thought to have been 1922...

http://www.oed.com/newsletters/2002-12/antedatings.html
As the American version of motorised?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.