Driving License

Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Driving License

Hi all

Upon arrival does anyone know how long it takes to get a new driving license
and whatr is the process. Ta in advance.

Mick
Old Dec 6th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Driving License

States have different rules i think ??

Here in WA you just take your old licence to the local licensing centre and they do it there and then - take your piccie and send you a licence in the post about a week later.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenix
States have different rules i think ??

Here in WA you just take your old licence to the local licensing centre and they do it there and then - take your piccie and send you a licence in the post about a week later.
here you get your licence straightaway over the counter on presentation of your UK one.
Old Dec 6th 2007, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

My wife has passed her driving test today - hurrah!

Will there be any questions raised when we hit Perth early next year about how long she has held her UK licence for or doesnt it matter?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianhutch1
My wife has passed her driving test today - hurrah!

Will there be any questions raised when we hit Perth early next year about how long she has held her UK licence for or doesnt it matter?

She'll probably have to go on P plates until she's completed a full years driving. Other than that she should have no problems - congratulations to your wife
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

In QLD take your UK license in and complete the forms, pay $67.00 and get a license for 5 years. Any qLD transport office and there are plenty around. Mick
Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice

Do you need the paper part or will just the card with my pic on it suffice?

For WA that is.

Old Dec 6th 2007, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee28
Do you need the paper part or will just the card with my pic on it suffice?

Either will usually do, but the ID one is best if you have it.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

ianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud ofianhutch1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
She'll probably have to go on P plates until she's completed a full years driving. Other than that she should have no problems - congratulations to your wife
Great thanks, didnt realise P plates were compulsory in WA (and its for 2 years) that should bring her down a bit

I will pass on your congrats, thanks

Last edited by ianhutch1; Dec 7th 2007 at 11:34 am.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:24 am
Just Joined

tetley000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
In QLD take your UK license in and complete the forms, pay $67.00 and get a license for 5 years. Any qLD transport office and there are plenty around. Mick
Hi Mick,

What additional ID do you need?
Do you need a rental agreement to prove residency?

Or do you just atke in your UK licence $67 and a passport?
Thank you

Karl H
Old Dec 29th 2007, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

ID we needed was 2 credit cards, UK ones are fine, passport, UK driving license and something with your Aussie address. Either a utility bill or a rental agreement or letter from the person you are renting from. First 2 would be the easiest.

Mick
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:00 am
English Dream

Big Innes is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Driving License

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
ID we needed was 2 credit cards, UK ones are fine, passport, UK driving license and something with your Aussie address. Either a utility bill or a rental agreement or letter from the person you are renting from. First 2 would be the easiest.

Mick
all i needed to change my license was my uk one and proof of address they gave me it straight away and didnt have to wait for it in teh post liek uk one
Old Dec 30th 2007, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

aussiedude will become famous soon enough

Is that the same for NSW or do they have different rules and what is the rule if I have a HGV CLass 1 British Licence?

Thanks,

Aussiedude
Old Dec 30th 2007, 2:04 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aussiedude
Is that the same for NSW or do they have different rules and what is the rule if I have a HGV CLass 1 British Licence?
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au

You should be able to avoid taking a car test, but they probably will want to re-test you for HGV.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedude will become famous soon enough

If I opt not to carry on with my HGV can I just get an ordinary driving licence without another test? I don't use my HGV part anymore but it has always been an added bonus but no neccessary.