Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving license?

Driving license?

Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Driving license?

Hi everyone

Do you need to swop your driving license for one of the new ones, with a photo on??? Just wondering if that's going to be more expense

Thanks

p.s. I'm still in UK, just wondering if we need to get it done before we go!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving license?

Originally Posted by curly
Hi everyone

Do you need to swop your driving license for one of the new ones, with a photo on??? Just wondering if that's going to be more expense

Thanks

p.s. I'm still in UK, just wondering if we need to get it done before we go!!!!

Don't know if you need to as such, but I would if I were you just for ease. It's free. I think that I just went along to the post office to sort it out? Make sure that u keep a copy of your paper copy until u receive the plastic version.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Don't know if you need to as such, but I would if I were you just for ease. It's free. I think that I just went along to the post office to sort it out? Make sure that u keep a copy of your paper copy until u receive the plastic version.

Thanks, that's a surprise something for free I thought you had to pay to change. OMG that means more passport photos I've gone today to have them done for the visa application..... bloody horrible they'll take one look and refuse me!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Thanks, that's a surprise something for free I thought you had to pay to change. OMG that means more passport photos I've gone today to have them done for the visa application..... bloody horrible they'll take one look and refuse me!!!!
The first one is free ie changing from paper to plastic. ...well it was for me 3 yrs or so ago.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:14 pm
toplad

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
The first one is free ie changing from paper to plastic. ...well it was for me 3 yrs or so ago.

sorry its not free it costs £19.00 to change from paper to plastic. my oh put thread on yesterday about this and we were told that paper one is just fine.