Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving Licence in Perth..

Driving Licence in Perth..

Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:41 am
Meow!

TigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud ofTigerFeet has much to be proud of
Smile Driving Licence in Perth..

Hope this info helps...

Went to the License Centre, took my UK driving licence (its a bog standard full one) my passport (proof of PR and ID) and a utility bill (as proof of address).

Filled a couple of forms in, waited a while, then I took an eye test (nothing elaborate, just read out bottom 2 lines) paid my money, they took my pic, gave me a temp licence and a week later I got my Oz license.

Didnt take any practical or theory tests.

(Got to keep my UK license too.)

Best of luck, dont forget this is Perth, likely to be different in other states.

TigerFeet
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Driving Licence in Perth..

That's good to know. Do you know if this is how the Perth system usually works?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:34 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Driving Licence in Perth..

Originally Posted by TigerFeet
Hope this info helps...

Went to the License Centre, took my UK driving licence (its a bog standard full one) my passport (proof of PR and ID) and a utility bill (as proof of address).

Filled a couple of forms in, waited a while, then I took an eye test (nothing elaborate, just read out bottom 2 lines) paid my money, they took my pic, gave me a temp licence and a week later I got my Oz license.

Didnt take any practical or theory tests.

(Got to keep my UK license too.)

Best of luck, dont forget this is Perth, likely to be different in other states.

TigerFeet
A relief if that happens to me , think i'd fail otherwise, bit rusty on the theory now..lol

Dave
Old Oct 17th 2005, 8:46 am
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice
Default Re: Driving Licence in Perth..

It maybe different for those on a temporary Visa, does anyone know?