Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving Licence but no pink paper!

Driving Licence but no pink paper!

Old May 9th 2008, 3:23 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Default Driving Licence but no pink paper!

I seem to have lost that pink paper part of my UK driving licence.:embaressed_smile:

Will I need to provide it, or will I get away with just the photo ID part? when transferring it to an ozzy licence.

Crossing fingers I can get away without it..

</IMG></IMG>
Old May 9th 2008, 3:29 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving Licence but no pink paper!

Originally Posted by TheSubMainMan
I seem to have lost that pink paper part of my UK driving licence.:embaressed_smile:

Will I need to provide it, or will I get away with just the photo ID part? when transferring it to an ozzy licence.

</IMG></IMG>
I didn't have mine and they didn't ask for it
Old May 9th 2008, 3:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I had the paper but had had the plastic stolen a few months before. I couldn't get the Aus one without the plastic, they didn't want to know the paper bit so you should be fine.
Old May 9th 2008, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

</IMG></IMG>
Only used the photo ID bit myself. Didn't think of taking the papaer bit to be honest
Old May 9th 2008, 8:54 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice

Cheers all, thats a big relief..

I'll post what happens on Monday...

thx,
Old May 12th 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

Cheers all, thats a big relief..

I'll post what happens on Monday...

thx,

It's almost tuesday and we're still waiting
Old May 13th 2008, 12:57 am
IT Guru

We got our licences yesterday, no pink paper, & no problem.

The only scare we had, apart from the eye test, was the issue date on the licence. It was only issued two years ago due to a change of address. Me & the OH couldn’t remember when we had actually passed out test. Luckily the lady at the licence office knew it was printed on the back. Guess she must see a lot of pommy licences!

So to confirm, just the little plastic licence needed...

thx all.
Old May 13th 2008, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

We got our licences yesterday, no pink paper, & no problem.

The only scare we had, apart from the eye test, was the issue date on the licence. It was only issued two years ago due to a change of address. Me & the OH couldn’t remember when we had actually passed out test. Luckily the lady at the licence office knew it was printed on the back. Guess she must see a lot of pommy licences!

So to confirm, just the little plastic licence needed...

thx all.
Eye test

Come to think of it, i've heard of loads who have had an eye test, but they didn't bother with me. Maybe it varies from state to state.

Glad to hear it all went smoothly
Old May 13th 2008, 7:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't remember having an eye test either, whereabouts are you - not Essex, I know that much
Old May 13th 2008, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I don't remember having an eye test either, whereabouts are you - not Essex, I know that much
Does anyone know if we will need an eyetest in sydney??
Old May 13th 2008, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Alan- will become famous soon enough

Just as an aside,

I have the old green licence, and never had the new plastic bit.

What's the score then for new Oz licence and hiring a car temporary ??

Alan.
Old May 14th 2008, 2:31 am
IT Guru

Smile Re: Driving Licence but no pink paper!

We arrived in Perth last week, so have been rushing around getting all the legal bits done.

In Sydney: I don't know... may be I just looked short sighted or something!

Green licence: I would update it, if I where you, as they seem very familiar with the new UK format. I guess you could always sweet talk them... and explain the history of the UK licence...

Temp? if you arrive on a PR visa then you have to get a new licence within 3 months of arriving. But it's better to get one asap, for ID & before you buy a car. If you arrive on a temp visa then don't bother, you can use your UK one.

Also bring your no-claims letter from your insurance company, it apparently carries over to here. Bonus

Car buying went OK, although $4300 dollar stamp duty on a $56,500 campervan was a bit much.

</IMG></IMG></IMG>
Old May 14th 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

I am on a TR 457 visa and never intended to get an ozzie licence. However in order to get a parking permit for the house i have bought i needed to show a NSW license. Some thoughts:
1) I got the NSW license with an OLD style UK license (paper only), no questions asked.
2) They transfered the 9 points i had accrued in NSW on the UK license in the last two years (i just could not get used to the speed limits)
3) My no claims on my insurance was excepted as word of mouth i had to prove nothing
Old May 14th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

kunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nicekunjal and shamir is just really nice

Originally Posted by toddd10
I am on a TR 457 visa and never intended to get an ozzie licence. However in order to get a parking permit for the house i have bought i needed to show a NSW license. Some thoughts:
1) I got the NSW license with an OLD style UK license (paper only), no questions asked.
2) They transfered the 9 points i had accrued in NSW on the UK license in the last two years (i just could not get used to the speed limits)
3) My no claims on my insurance was excepted as word of mouth i had to prove nothing
oh thats reassuring!
did you have to do an eyetest??
Old May 15th 2008, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

toddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nicetoddd10 is just really nice

you have to do an eyetest if you wear glasses or contacts, i do so i did, but if you failyou should not be driving anyway???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.