driving licence

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 3:17 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default driving licence

Dear all can you help me
do you need to re sit your driving test in oz if you have a full uk licence
or is it ok to drive on the uk one until you get full residency.

Also prices of a second hand car for example i paid £1500 british pounds for a 8 year old renault scenic what would the cost be down under

thanks in advance
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driving licence

Hiya, No you dont need to resit your test you just hand it over (pay some money!!) and you get an australian one! I think if you have had your licence for less than a year you might have to display special plates (I'm sure someone can confirm that for definite!).

Not sure about car costs but generally from what I've seen and heard 2nd hand cars hold their value a lot better than UK ones, so you might pay a lot more straight off but when you come to sell it on you wont have lost like £5000 in a year for example!! australia also has their own auto trader website (below) and its generally considered best to avoid European cars as repairs and spares can be expensive and to go for Asian models.

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Browse
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 3:44 pm
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Default Re: driving licence

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Hiya, No you dont need to resit your test you just hand it over (pay some money!!) and you get an australian one! I think if you have had your licence for less than a year you might have to display special plates (I'm sure someone can confirm that for definite!).

Not sure about car costs but generally from what I've seen and heard 2nd hand cars hold their value a lot better than UK ones, so you might pay a lot more straight off but when you come to sell it on you wont have lost like £5000 in a year for example!! australia also has their own auto trader website (below) and its generally considered best to avoid European cars as repairs and spares can be expensive and to go for Asian models.

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Browse
many thanks for your advice