Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

driving lessons QLD, info please

driving lessons QLD, info please

Old Feb 19th 2006, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default driving lessons QLD, info please

hi all, my son ry is almost 18 and has heard different stories about young people and driving in aus.

he's wanting to start driving lessons now, do you think its best to start now or wait to take his test in australia?

as he would be a new driver in aus if he took his test, is it the same for him as us, just have to do the theory teat or would he be a provisional driver?

hope that makes sense
thanks
debbie
Old Feb 19th 2006, 5:07 pm
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice
Default Re: driving lessons QLD, info please

If he has a license before he goes it should be the same for all of you.

depending on when your planning to go I would encourage him to pass his test before you fly. he will have greater flexability and freedom from the outset that way. If you aren't in the city then I'd say it's pretty essential as public transport is nowhere near as extensive as it is here.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: driving lessons QLD, info please

Originally Posted by Fionast
If he has a license before he goes it should be the same for all of you.

depending on when your planning to go I would encourage him to pass his test before you fly. he will have greater flexability and freedom from the outset that way. If you aren't in the city then I'd say it's pretty essential as public transport is nowhere near as extensive as it is here.
smashing thanks, he's going to book his first lesson this week, anyone in sheffield, BEWARE!!!!!!