Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving lessons for my daughter {ahh..Help!}

Driving lessons for my daughter {ahh..Help!}

Old Mar 7th 2005, 10:02 am
Just Joined

kutskrazy will become famous soon enoughkutskrazy will become famous soon enough
Default Driving lessons for my daughter {ahh..Help!}

Hi everyone,
Well my dauhter has reached that age and wants to start to learn to drive! I was going to get her some driving lessons for her birfday but when she found out about having to do another test in Ozzie within 6 months of arriving she is thinking again!!
We are aiming to emigrate in 2007. She won't be getting a car here so what do you think..should she just start from scrach when we arrive there or would it be cheaper to have the lessons here!?
Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated {It's okay coz if she doesnt get her driving lessons she has many more presents lined up!!}
Thanx in anticipation
Old Mar 7th 2005, 10:56 am
blossom

Default Re: Driving lessons for my daughter {ahh..Help!}

Originally Posted by kutskrazy
Hi everyone,
Well my dauhter has reached that age and wants to start to learn to drive! I was going to get her some driving lessons for her birfday but when she found out about having to do another test in Ozzie within 6 months of arriving she is thinking again!!
We are aiming to emigrate in 2007. She won't be getting a car here so what do you think..should she just start from scrach when we arrive there or would it be cheaper to have the lessons here!?
Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated {It's okay coz if she doesnt get her driving lessons she has many more presents lined up!!}
Thanx in anticipation

In my experience if she has lessons now and passes her test this year, then she will have been driving for well over one year so why would she need to take another test? Other than the theory which I we all have to take depending on which state you migrate to.

In oz, you take your test and assuming you pass you then go on 'P' plates for one year after that you can apply for a full licence. So if she starts now, she won't have to go through that surely. Perhaps othes will be able to better advise.

Good luck

Blossom

Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:44 am
Just Joined

kutskrazy will become famous soon enoughkutskrazy will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Driving lessons for my daughter {ahh..Help!}

Originally Posted by blossom
In my experience if she has lessons now and passes her test this year, then she will have been driving for well over one year so why would she need to take another test? Other than the theory which I we all have to take depending on which state you migrate to.

In oz, you take your test and assuming you pass you then go on 'P' plates for one year after that you can apply for a full licence. So if she starts now, she won't have to go through that surely. Perhaps othes will be able to better advise.

Good luck

Blossom
Hi Blossom,
Thanx for the reply. I must have been given the wrong information as I was led to believe that you had to resit another 'practical' driving test. If it is only the theory test that puts a different slant on it!! I suppose I'll be booking them lessons quite soon!!!
Thanx again
Kutskrazy
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving lessons for my daughter {ahh..Help!}

Originally Posted by kutskrazy
Hi Blossom,
Thanx for the reply. I must have been given the wrong information as I was led to believe that you had to resit another 'practical' driving test. If it is only the theory test that puts a different slant on it!! I suppose I'll be booking them lessons quite soon!!!
Thanx again
Kutskrazy
hi there, im not sure where your going but i know in queensland the theory test was abolished in january,my daughter is 17 on saturday and i asked the very same question a few months ago

tracey.