Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Driving from Airlie Beach to Brisbane.......

Driving from Airlie Beach to Brisbane.......

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:25 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Driving from Airlie Beach to Brisbane.......

........where do you recommend stopping on the way? I'll only have overnight in any place as this is a fleeting visit to Oz, but if there's somewhere that's worth stopping at, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks,
Julie. x
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:31 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving from Airlie Beach to Brisbane.......

Anyone?........
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
........where do you recommend stopping on the way? I'll only have overnight in any place as this is a fleeting visit to Oz, but if there's somewhere that's worth stopping at, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks,
Julie. x
Hi Julie,

It's not the most exciting drive in the world. We ended up stopping in Mackay - it's not a bad place and more exciting than Rocky, we then drove a long stint and stopped in Noosa.

Airlie Beach - Mackay = 150kms
Mackay - Noosa = 700kms

Hope this helps.
Stella
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:09 pm
Chocoholic

That's great Stella. Thanks for your help.
Julie. x
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
That's great Stella. Thanks for your help.
Julie. x
Yeppoon and then Bundaberg splits your journey up really well

Airlie to Yeppoon approx 5 hours

Yeppoon to Bundy approx 4 hours

Bundy to Brissy approx 4 hours
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:07 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

In reality this is not one of Australia's great drives. I suggest you fly from Proserpine, or Mackay into Brisbane.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jayr
In reality this is not one of Australia's great drives. I suggest you fly from Proserpine, or Mackay into Brisbane.
I agree, the only place I wouldn't like to miss is Noosa - the sunshine coast is easibly reachable from Brisbane for daytrips though, so if you have a few days spare in Brisbane, I think I'd fly and then spend more time exploring Brisbane and the SC.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:44 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I have stayed in Yeppoon. That's why I recommend flying.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jayr
I have stayed in Yeppoon. That's why I recommend flying.
whats wrong with Yeppoon?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:30 am
Karma Comedian

Are you asking in a defensive "I like Yeppoon, there's nothing wrong with it" sort of way or do you want a list?

1) there is essentially nothing to do in Yeppoon
2) the pubs are dodgy and populated by dodgy people
3) there are few places nice to eat in Yeppoon, execpt a good cafe and a passable yacht club which is more like an RSL
4) Yeppoon has very limited quality accommodation
5) Yeppoon looks like someone forget to finish it, or there wasn;t enough interest from people to go an live there, has the appearance of lots of empty blocks and roads to nowhere
6) I have friends who were brought up in Yeppoon. They now choose to live in Brisbane.

Originally Posted by BigH68
whats wrong with Yeppoon?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:10 am
Chocoholic

Thanks for your replies everyone. Yippee! Flying out tonight. Can't wait. Will be good to be back there.
Julie. x
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of

hey how come you are coming back
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Courtney will become famous soon enough

Hi Julie

Definately go to Noosa, been a few times as I live on the Goldie. However, you may want to go to Hervey Bay and go over to Fraser Island, it's gorgeous!! Enjoy your road trip...we have just come back from driving from Port Douglas to Airlie beach but flew home to Brissy via Proserpine which I would recommend like above.
Have a great time!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:35 am
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by coffeebean
hey how come you are coming back
Hi Hun,
Just thought I'd pop over and see my brother and his family who are living on the Gold Coast. I desperately needed a break from work so I came over and surprised the life out of them I'm really enjoying myself. Shame I'm not here for longer. Would be fun to meet up with some of the gang.
Julie. x
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:38 am
Chocoholic

Thanks for the replies everyone. As it turned out I came straight to the Gold Coast but will try and get tp to Fraser Island while I'm here.
Julie. x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.