Driver Licence

Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:09 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Driver Licence

Does anybody know or remember how long it takes to get a full driving licence in England? Once you pass your theory is is simply a matter of passing the driving test? Or do you have to have a min amount of driving lessons.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

RachaelW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driver Licence

I don't think you need a minimum number of lessons although if you've never driven before you'll obviously need quite a few!
You need to do a theory test and then the driving test and answer a few questions afterwards now I think.
Rachael.
Old Mar 7th 2007, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

chez.my is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Driver Licence

Hi.

Your theory lasts for 2 years. You can take this at any stage, whether at the beginning, middle, or almost when you are ready for your practical. You can have as many or few lessons as you want before passing your practical, and as many tests as it needs for you to pass.
At the end of your test they ask you a couple of questions about how the car works- which switch does what, and also about under the bonnet such as how do you check for oil etc.

Hope this helps?

Chez
Old Mar 8th 2007, 12:36 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by killamarsh
Does anybody know or remember how long it takes to get a full driving licence in England? Once you pass your theory is is simply a matter of passing the driving test? Or do you have to have a min amount of driving lessons.
http://www.dvla.gov.uk is a good start.

Once you get a GB licence, you are usually exempt the practical test in Australia. HOWEVER most states and territories will impose probationary driver restrictions on you until the third anniversary of the issue date of your GB licence.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 9:18 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the responses - really helpful. I don't mind being on my P's for a while in oz. However, being on L's is another matter.