Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Drinks in Melbourne or thereabouts?

Drinks in Melbourne or thereabouts?

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

neil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud of
Default Drinks in Melbourne or thereabouts?

Hi all,

Myself and the Mrs (32 & 29 respectively, no sprogs) used expats forums a ton to get over here (last year - Birmingham to Melbourne), but never realised there was a forum for when we we here! Anyway, we're in St Kilda at the moment but really miss spending Friday evening in the pub, and having a banter. Anyone in or around the area that wouldnt mind a drink or 4 fancy meeting up? Short of work colleagues we're seriously friend starved and I cant talk to anyone about PROPER football!

Cheers,

Neil
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:12 pm
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Drinks in Melbourne or thereabouts?

Have you spotted the melbourne CBD Friday night drinkers club threads in here? Theres a few floating about.
I'm keeping an eye on them cos we're arriving over soon.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CynOpt
Have you spotted the melbourne CBD Friday night drinkers club threads in here? Theres a few floating about.
I'm keeping an eye on them cos we're arriving over soon.
We can highly recommend the Friday Night Drinkers Club meets

Jason & Tracy
Old Apr 24th 2008, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by neil_hick
Hi all,

Myself and the Mrs (32 & 29 respectively, no sprogs) used expats forums a ton to get over here (last year - Birmingham to Melbourne), but never realised there was a forum for when we we here! Anyway, we're in St Kilda at the moment but really miss spending Friday evening in the pub, and having a banter. Anyone in or around the area that wouldnt mind a drink or 4 fancy meeting up? Short of work colleagues we're seriously friend starved and I cant talk to anyone about PROPER football!

Cheers,

Neil

Hi neil

Im al, the organiser so far of the friday after works drinks club(which is usually once a month, ) but im always up for a meet up outside of that and a for a couple

and

im opening a shop in elsternwick next week so im near to yours if you fancy a pint and a good old rant at a supporter of the best team in the world

Utd of course and im a follower.

Jason mb is a dirty scouser but he is alright LOL

I have been here 6 months with Clare (both came from manchester)the soon to be mrs clare with no kids either , so if you fancy a pint as lads or going out with the missus too im easy either way, give me a shout and i should be able to make it.

Im pretty impulsive and im allowed to be by clare and will always seriously consider an off the cuff last minute beer or night out so dont be shy

Al

Last edited by Mr Anderson; Apr 24th 2008 at 3:46 pm.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

neil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud ofneil_hick has much to be proud of

mate, thats music to my ears. Im also a fan of a last minute pint or 7, so its good to know Im not alone! Elsternwick, is indeed pretty close, you live there too?

I'll definitely be in touch soon as our social life has taken a right nose dive since leaving all our friends behind. Its the one thing I really do miss, and could do with a banter about footy too,. Utd fan eh.....not a great result on Thursday morning mate!

Hope to meet up soon anyway,

Neil
Old Apr 25th 2008, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by neil_hick
mate, thats music to my ears. Im also a fan of a last minute pint or 7, so its good to know Im not alone! Elsternwick, is indeed pretty close, you live there too?

I'll definitely be in touch soon as our social life has taken a right nose dive since leaving all our friends behind. Its the one thing I really do miss, and could do with a banter about footy too,. Utd fan eh.....not a great result on Thursday morning mate!

Hope to meet up soon anyway,

Neil

Wasnt a great result if youd stayed up like me, it was god damn boring and tense at the same time

We dont llive in elsternwick, we live in newport over the bridge next tpo williamstown but ill be at the shop 6 days a week for starters until 7.30pm so im well up for a beer after work, i can always leave my motorbike in the shop and get the train home

Me and my mate (and missus') are going for a meal on saturday. Then the girls will be leaving us in town to go to the pub to watch the utd chelsea matycgh if you fancy it.
Kick off 9.45

Charels dickens pub

corner of swanston and ellizabeth pretty much(about 5 shops down in the arcade)

give me a shout if you do. Ill pm you my mobile

Al