Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

DRINKING PARTNER REQUIRED

DRINKING PARTNER REQUIRED

Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:39 am
Just Joined

sharon flewitt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DRINKING PARTNER REQUIRED

ARE THERE ANY SINGLE, OVER 30'S, CHILDLESS GALS CLOSE TO BRISBANE CBD WHO CAN MEET UP FOR THE ODD LUNCH, AFTER WORK DRINKS AND NIGHTS OUT .. NO? THOUGHT NOT .....
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:24 am
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of
Default Re: DRINKING PARTNER REQUIRED

Originally Posted by sharon flewitt

ARE THERE ANY SINGLE, OVER 30'S, CHILDLESS GALS CLOSE TO BRISBANE CBD WHO CAN MEET UP FOR THE ODD LUNCH, AFTER WORK DRINKS AND NIGHTS OUT .. NO? THOUGHT NOT .....
plenty over 30's married with kids in Perth....
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Which side of Brisbane are you? Bored woman on the northside seeks drinking partner - could manage to travel into the CBD for evenings if there is alcohol involved I'm married but childless, and Himself doesn't venture out much at night.......
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

SHARON JUST ORGANISE A GIRLS NITE OUT DOWN THERE , EVEN THOUGH MOST OF US HAV KIDS WE CAN STILL PARTY WITH THE REST OF UM , [PLUS FALL OFF WALLS PISSED !!! LOL ] MENTION NO NAMES .
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Which side of Brisbane are you? Bored woman on the northside seeks drinking partner - could manage to travel into the CBD for evenings if there is alcohol involved I'm married but childless, and Himself doesn't venture out much at night.......
HEY THERE! Have sent you a message - check ya inbox
Old Oct 19th 2007, 2:00 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

HEY THERE! Have sent you a message - check ya inbox
Hey, its my day off, only just got online
I'll see what I can work out .... anyone else out there fancy a girlie drinking night - I think most of the old Brissie Girls Drinking Club have fallen by the wayside or gone home (miss you Michaela!) - either in the city, or over Paddington way - I'm northside but not near a station so going out that way would probably be easier for people to get to.

C'mon girls, I know there are some of you on that side of the city
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there

I'm not single and I'm not childless (though I get every other weekend off) but I am 34 and I do like my girls' nights out! I have another pommy mate and we usually go to the wanky joints with nice cocktails Cru Bar (James Street, Valley), Siana, Cha Cha Char, Jade Buddha & Belgian Beer Bar (CBD).
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:18 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rabsody
Hey there

I'm not single and I'm not childless (though I get every other weekend off) but I am 34 and I do like my girls' nights out! I have another pommy mate and we usually go to the wanky joints with nice cocktails Cru Bar (James Street, Valley), Siana, Cha Cha Char, Jade Buddha & Belgian Beer Bar (CBD).
We might have to join forces at some point perhaps?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

We might have to join forces at some point perhaps?
Definitely! I might have a night out coming up shortly. I will find out from the missus (my bezzie mate) and let you know!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Im 31 married with one 8 year old s don t know if im allowed to reply to this thread, but anyway my husband works 8 weeks here and 8 weeks away. Im really having a hard time at the moment missing family and friends. Im so missing not going to pubs/clubs for a good old girls night of fun drinking. I live in Redland Bay though its a bit remote not many pubs and def not in walking distance.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Im 31 married with one 8 year old s don t know if im allowed to reply to this thread, but anyway my husband works 8 weeks here and 8 weeks away. Im really having a hard time at the moment missing family and friends. Im so missing not going to pubs/clubs for a good old girls night of fun drinking. I live in Redland Bay though its a bit remote not many pubs and def not in walking distance.
Not sure where redland bay is and dont know of any ''rules'' which stop you being entitled to reply to any thread you so wish!
I feel a bit rude now for asking for single, childless ,girlfriends but in my situation and from experience i know that i dont have anything in common when i get together with a pile of girls and the conversation inevitably turns towards children and schools and lunch clubs etc etc, it bores me silly
it also is pretty obvious that i need a kopping off mate! and asked for single dingles bcos i dont want to make any girlfriend out with me feel uncomfortable or compromised in anyway should she be married.
If you ever head down this way shopping or for lunch we could meet up im in Auchenflower and then if you got an overnight pass! you could stop at my place so long as u dont mind a blow up bed.
i hate to hear that you are feeling lonely - its a shit way to be, i get bored rather than lonely and can empathise with your situation
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Location: lived in halesworth in suffolk, now on the sunny coast qld
debreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to alldebreeve is a name known to all

Not sure where redland bay is and dont know of any ''rules'' which stop you being entitled to reply to any thread you so wish!
I feel a bit rude now for asking for single, childless ,girlfriends but in my situation and from experience i know that i dont have anything in common when i get together with a pile of girls and the conversation inevitably turns towards children and schools and lunch clubs etc etc, it bores me silly
it also is pretty obvious that i need a kopping off mate! and asked for single dingles bcos i dont want to make any girlfriend out with me feel uncomfortable or compromised in anyway should she be married.
If you ever head down this way shopping or for lunch we could meet up im in Auchenflower and then if you got an overnight pass! you could stop at my place so long as u dont mind a blow up bed.
i hate to hear that you are feeling lonely - its a shit way to be, i get bored rather than lonely and can empathise with your situation
LOOK AS THOUGH THERE COULD B A GIRLS NITE OUT IN THE MAKING BY SOUNDS OF IT SHAZZA , GREAT STUFF , IF I COME PROMISE NOT TO TALKS KIDS LOL [MINE BEING 21 & 24 AS U KNOW ]
WILL HAV TO GET TRAIN AGAIN FROM SUNNY COAST AS TO SCARED TO DRIVE IN CITY ,
POLLYANNA ROUND YOUR OLD CREW UP .
X DEBS X
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Twin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud ofTwin Peaks has much to be proud of

Hey, its my day off, only just got online
I'll see what I can work out .... anyone else out there fancy a girlie drinking night - I think most of the old Brissie Girls Drinking Club have fallen by the wayside or gone home (miss you Michaela!) - either in the city, or over Paddington way - I'm northside but not near a station so going out that way would probably be easier for people to get to.

C'mon girls, I know there are some of you on that side of the city
Girlie night?

Can I come?

As you know Polly, I'm northside too, so perhaps we can work something out travelwise?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:15 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
Girlie night?

Can I come?

As you know Polly, I'm northside too, so perhaps we can work something out travelwise?
Hey that'd be fab! As your worse-half may have told you I'd like to meet up with you.
We'll see what we can fix up - been away over the weekend, but back now, so I'll get my thinking cap on later. We could always split the cost of a cab back this way, then you can ahve a wee drinkie?!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:25 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rabsody
Hey there

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Originally Posted by debreeve
LOOK AS THOUGH THERE COULD B A GIRLS NITE OUT IN THE MAKING BY SOUNDS OF IT SHAZZA , GREAT STUFF , IF I COME PROMISE NOT TO TALKS KIDS LOL [MINE BEING 21 & 24 AS U KNOW ]
WILL HAV TO GET TRAIN AGAIN FROM SUNNY COAST AS TO SCARED TO DRIVE IN CITY ,
POLLYANNA ROUND YOUR OLD CREW UP .
X DEBS X
Originally Posted by Twin Peaks
Girlie night?

Can I come?

Looks like we might have to think about reviving Ye Olde Brissie Girls Drinking Club If we aim for a meet somewhere near a station it will suit a lot of people - Michaela used to come in from Vickie Point by train I know, not sure if thats any help for Redland Bay, but its a start.
Sharon, if you know of somewhere reasonable over your way, near a station we could perhaps try that, the city is OK, but very very busy and not easy to talk.

Re the comments about kids - I think I can see what Sharon is getting at, its not that we don't want people with kids, but those of us that don't have any tend to have nothing to talk about when out with couples that have children! When we had the orginial drinking club we just used to leave the men and the kids behind and do the "girly night out" thing - thats all we're after So if that sounds good, then join in. If you do a search on "Brissie Girls" you should find our old threads, that'll show you what I'm getting at. Unfortunately I don't think any of them are around now (or they don't post at least). Only ones left I think are Proofreader (I see her off the forum) and Mrs Cresta - now posts as Cresta's conscience and would certainly join us if she can get down from Gympie.

Now If I try and come up with a date for a good night out between now and Christmas, can people do weekends, and if so, which ones?

I've also pm'd Sharon about trying to meet in the middle of next week, possibly Wednesday - anyone else able to get to Paddington area then , I'll let you know where/when

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.