Reload this Page >

Dress Maker Gold Coast?

Dress Maker Gold Coast?

Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

deedee_b will become famous soon enoughdeedee_b will become famous soon enough
Default Dress Maker Gold Coast?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of a good dressmaker on the Gold Coast?

Also, which is the best place for buying material?

Thanks
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:31 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dress Maker Gold Coast?

Originally Posted by deedee_b
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of a good dressmaker on the Gold Coast?

Also, which is the best place for buying material?

Thanks
material = spotlight
http://www.spotlight.com.au/store/ashmore
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o

Hey thanks, I didn't even think of spotlight. Will check it out!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Whereabouts are you? There's a woman down here who is supposed to be good, in fact she's done some good work for us and she made her son's formal partner her formal dress which is (apparently) stunning.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Whereabouts are you? There's a woman down here who is supposed to be good, in fact she's done some good work for us and she made her son's formal partner her formal dress which is (apparently) stunning.
Near to Isle of Capri. Any recommendations would be great....
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:43 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks, I didn't even think of spotlight. Will check it out!
For fabric I would be looking at more specialty shops. Spotlight is ok, but if you are going to the trouble and expense of getting a dressmaker the fabric should be of better quality than what you'll get there.

When I do dressmaking for other people I supply the fabric and charge accordingly (with the person having the dress made's input of course). The last time I let someone else get their own they brought me upholstery fabric to make velvet bodices for formal gowns out of. Not knowing the difference they bought "velvety stuff" in a colour they liked.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 5:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Near to Isle of Capri. Any recommendations would be great....
This woman is down in Currumbin. I can get her details on Monday, not back in work until then.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.startlocal.com.au/retail/...qld_goldcoast/

The ones in Nerang and Robina are both good.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

katietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant futurekatietops01 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
This woman is down in Currumbin. I can get her details on Monday, not back in work until then.
Can I have her details too, please?
Old Aug 27th 2010, 4:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by katietops01
Can I have her details too, please?
Yup when I remember. I have her son's mobile number but don't think he'd thank me for giving it out
Old Aug 27th 2010, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
For fabric I would be looking at more specialty shops. Spotlight is ok, but if you are going to the trouble and expense of getting a dressmaker the fabric should be of better quality than what you'll get there.

When I do dressmaking for other people I supply the fabric and charge accordingly (with the person having the dress made's input of course). The last time I let someone else get their own they brought me upholstery fabric to make velvet bodices for formal gowns out of. Not knowing the difference they bought "velvety stuff" in a colour they liked.
Thanks for the heads up. I am having a very simple wrap dress made. I am hoping to get them to remake a dress that I have had for a couple years, great fit but the colours are not great. In your experience, what is a fair price for having something like that made? on average.... I know it's hard to judge.

Moneypenny look forward to that number.

Thanks for everyone elses replies.