Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The dream is over...............

The dream is over...............

Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:03 am
Go Banana's !!

Unhappy The dream is over...............

IT'S REALITY, WE'VE GOT THE VISA
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

Warren e-mailed our nice case officer yesterday, as we need our passports to go to Disney in May and just inquired, now the bond is paid, what stage we were at.

The case officer mailed back in his usual quick timing and told us the visa was granted 9th April, should arrive any day. He attached a copy of the letter and an information sheet.

If you get Jonathan Trainer as your case officer, you are in luck, he has been supper efficient and answered all our questions promptly.

It is exactly a year since we went out to Perth - just phoned them all and they are so excited (don't know what they are letting themselves in for:scared: )

For info:
Skilled Aust. Sponsored Visa 138
Skills Assessment took 3 weeks for assessment (including postage time), but took an age to prepare!!
Main Application lodged 27th July 2003
Meds and Police check done UNREQUESTED Feb 2004
Assurers bond requested beginning March (had 'til 27th April to get it in but was done by 27th March)
VISA GRANTED 9th April (2-3 weeks after bond was lodged)

Just the house to sell and then we are off !!

Good luck to all of you who are waiting, I am living proof that you can survive the waiting just !

I love the world today
Jill

Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray!!!!! Congrats! I have just opened a beer so I'll drink it in your honour!

Horrible wind-up with your post title though - you rotten git
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:08 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: The dream is over...............

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
IT'S REALITY, WE'VE GOT THE VISA
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

Warren e-mailed our nice case officer yesterday, as we need our passports to go to Disney in May and just inquired, now the bond is paid, what stage we were at.

The case officer mailed back in his usual quick timing and told us the visa was granted 9th April, should arrive any day. He attached a copy of the letter and an information sheet.

If you get Jonathan Trainer as your case officer, you are in luck, he has been supper efficient and answered all our questions promptly.

It is exactly a year since we went out to Perth - just phoned them all and they are so excited (don't know what they are letting themselves in for:scared: )

For info:
Skilled Aust. Sponsored Visa 138
Skills Assessment took 3 weeks for assessment (including postage time), but took an age to prepare!!
Main Application lodged 27th July 2003
Meds and Police check done UNREQUESTED Feb 2004
Assurers bond requested beginning March (had 'til 27th April to get it in but was done by 27th March)
VISA GRANTED 9th April (2-3 weeks after bond was lodged)

Just the house to sell and then we are off !!

Good luck to all of you who are waiting, I am living proof that you can survive the waiting just !

I love the world today
Jill
Many congrats - that's *really* great news!

Anya.
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

[house to sell and then we are off !!

I love the world today
Jill [/QUOTE]
Congrats on your visa stuff hope everything else goes well for you.....
johanne
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

lol! :PARTY: congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

My brain was rattling while this thread was slowly opening: huh, did they have marriage problems... nah. Did they have doubts? nah. Did they have visa complications???
Nope! THough it could have been, I have a very bad memory

Have fun celebrating!!!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

OOh Jill - you rotten little wind up merchant

Great news best of luck to you and Warren.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:15 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yay Wooo Hooooo

Congrats.....its a bloody wonderful feelin when you get the news
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

krissy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Jill and Warren!
All the very best.
Kris, Paul and Boys xxx
Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:47 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Chuffed to bits for you Banana bunch!

I shall go and have a beer on the strength of it.

Congrats and let the madness of packing begin!

Old Apr 20th 2004, 8:52 am

aidbish is an unknown quantity at this point

well done and good luck

we also have the same case officer, thanks for the vote of confidence in him
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:05 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're a sod!!!! You had us all worried there for a mo!!!!
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, congrats Jill and Warren. I don't know what you're all on about because the title was true - the dream's over, the reality sets in now.

OzTennis
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Excellent news Jill & Warren !!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

The stressful part starts now....get that house on the market !
Old Apr 20th 2004, 9:39 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!!!!
Now the fun starts:scared: :scared:
Old Apr 20th 2004, 10:18 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Fantastic news Jill

Get celebrating :PARTY:

And.......... go sell that house girl

Phoenixuk2oz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.