Doyalson

Old Aug 16th 2011, 12:02 am
Just Joined

R20man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doyalson

Hi All,

Set to join you all end of Sep, does anyone know how expats are welcomed in the Doyalson area? We were looking at silverwater (Sydney) but the area around Doyalson looks stunning and property is so cheap to rent. can anyone help with this location??

Cheers
Rich
Old Aug 16th 2011, 2:05 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doyalson

You'll need two heads, 13 kids and an arse the size of a sofa if you want to fit in, in Doyalson There's some nice places on the Central Coast, but Doyalson isn't one of them. Miles and Miles of new housing estates where the houses are too big for the blocks they are built on. 10 km's east on the coast and there are nicer places for sure.

But hey, 1000's of people who live there seem to like it, so don't take my word for it. I'm just a nice bloke that likes to get out of the bath for a pee There are loads of nice places north of Doyalson too, heading up towards Newcastle , Warner's Bay for example.

Last edited by spuddyo; Aug 16th 2011 at 2:08 am.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by R20man
Hi All,

Set to join you all end of Sep, does anyone know how expats are welcomed in the Doyalson area? We were looking at silverwater (Sydney) but the area around Doyalson looks stunning and property is so cheap to rent. can anyone help with this location??

Cheers
Rich
You mention Newcastle (UK) to Newcastle (NSW)? Why not move to Newcastle then? I''ve got no axe to grind and I was pleasantly surprised by Newcastle when I went there - expecting a variation on my stereotype of Tyneside - slag heaps, coal mines, dirt. But it's wonderful along the Hunter River, new appartments, restaurants, pubs and, not far away, the city and beaches.

Nothing wrong with Silverwater - why did you hit on there?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by saveme
You mention Newcastle (UK) to Newcastle (NSW)? Why not move to Newcastle then? I''ve got no axe to grind and I was pleasantly surprised by Newcastle when I went there - expecting a variation on my stereotype of Tyneside - slag heaps, coal mines, dirt. But it's wonderful along the Hunter River, new appartments, restaurants, pubs and, not far away, the city and beaches.

Nothing wrong with Silverwater - why did you hit on there?
Hi, yer Silverwater is where another one of our company offices is. I had looked at surrounding areas like Parramatta. It looks ok and property isn't to expensive for rent. I guess Sydney would be better for our son as he Is coming across on a working holiday visa and he should find work easier!
Cheers
Rich
Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

I 'Googled' Silverwater to refresh my memory - camera zoomed in 60 Derby St I think, not the most attractive road in Sydney to be honest, all industrial units and a lorry with a skip.

BUT, as someone who loathes commuting, why not live close to work? There are always new developments of homes going up - got a feeling that Newington is one area where this has happened.

The suburbs to the north of Silverwater around Ryde, Ermington, Meadowbank and to the east - Strathfield, Concord - there are some nice residential areas.

Google the street address of your new employer - there might be nice homes within walking distance.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Auburn

Still looking for a decent area to live near Silverwater! Can anyone tell me what Auburn and Granville areas are like??
Cheers
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 12:26 am
Just Joined

simply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant futuresimply14u has a brilliant future

I came here from Middlesbrough in 2002.

Lived near Warners Bay for just over a year then moved to current area (East Maitland). Some really nice places around here, the area is one of the population boom areas of Australia at the moment. Stacks of new housing and it's so handy for the freeway as well as rail taking you straight into Sydney.
Not far from the vineyards as well

You might also look at the Minmi/Fletcher area..........really nice around there and also handy for the freeway.
Old Sep 7th 2011, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

theotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nicetheotherphil is just really nice

Originally Posted by simply14u
I came here from Middlesbrough in 2002.

Lived near Warners Bay for just over a year then moved to current area (East Maitland). Some really nice places around here, the area is one of the population boom areas of Australia at the moment. Stacks of new housing and it's so handy for the freeway as well as rail taking you straight into Sydney.
Not far from the vineyards as well

You might also look at the Minmi/Fletcher area..........really nice around there and also handy for the freeway.
Wow, I'm from Stockton

In response to the OP, Silverwater isn't pretty and neither is the surrounding areas. I guess I have a unique insight into that area working as an Intensive Care Paramedic. Auburn/ Granville/ Merrylands/ Parramatta/ Silverwater/ surroundings has a huge Lebanese/ indian population (70%+). When living in Parramatta, I felt very isolated having nothing in common with the locals. Some are very nice people but there is much gang related crime. Knife/ gun crime is common (hey, it keeps me in a job ). As an idea of the level of crime, my car insurance dropped from $1,200 to $600 on moving to the Central Coast

Since moving to the Central Coast, I feel so much better mentally. I am among people who I can relate to. As spuddyo says, there's some very nice places to live on the Central Coast....stunning scenery and beaches. It's pretty close to the F3 so Sydney and surroundings can be hit in approx 1hr 10 - 1hr 30. Parramatta is 1hr 10 away and Newcastle is under 50 mins from most places.

Last edited by theotherphil; Sep 7th 2011 at 7:39 am.