British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   A downside to migration (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/downside-migration-222548/)

Trevglas Apr 6th 2004 12:50 pm

A downside to migration

From the BBC

According to the Office of National Statistics, it seems the UK is missing about a million men.

Its thought they may have all migrated, but since no-one looks at who leaves the country, who can tell?

So now you know why you keep bumping into pommies everywhere you go!

From the BBC

Larissa Apr 6th 2004 2:25 pm

Hmmmmm maybe they went out to get a pint for the wife and never came back? :scared:
Oops better stop nagging Blim so much ;)

debio Apr 6th 2004 6:25 pm

Or there could be a few loose paving slabs , on a few patios in good old suburbia.:scared:

debio Apr 6th 2004 6:25 pm

..........and no i'm not a brookie fan:eek:

dotty Apr 6th 2004 8:35 pm

They must all be doing the yadda yadda in the OZ outback. It has a dire shortage of women, so much so they have TV shows and magazines that help Ozzie blokes out west get a wife :eek:
I told you the lack of Next is a serious problem for us girls.

Women of childbearing age, nice hips, young enough to help on the farm seem highly collectable. Just get the womens weekly, available in any dentist or hairdresser in OZ. Largish women, (no good being weak and skinny on a bull farm) under 30 with a keen desire to learn farming seem to end up with the wedding gown trophy.:D

Now theres an opportunity for ya ladies

:D

steandleigh Apr 6th 2004 8:38 pm

Thank god, i'm already married!:D

dotty Apr 6th 2004 8:42 pm

Originally posted by steandleigh
Thank god, i'm already married!:D
I had a narrow escape, mine is an aussie and used to work in the Western Australian Desert, I still have nightmares that I met him 5 years earlier :D :D :D

steandleigh Apr 6th 2004 8:49 pm

Originally posted by dotty
I had a narrow escape, mine is an aussie and used to work in the Western Australian Desert, I still have nightmares that I met him 5 years earlier :D :D :D

:D

Oh, just think of what could have been....!!!!:D

Megalania Apr 6th 2004 11:02 pm

The Queensland Groin Exchange

Pollster Apr 7th 2004 3:02 am

I liked the guy who said he didn't like crowds - do they know what a crowd is in QLD? or has it a different definition- like more than three people in a room or something? ;) :D

wombatboy Apr 7th 2004 4:34 am

i went out ...

....the other day with my wife and her ex-schoolmates.
They brought boyfriends and 3 out of 3 of them were also english!!!!

Seems like we are becoming fashion accessories!!!
(I think it must be the tendancy to get hammered, talking fluent sh*te and pale skin......:eek: )

bondipom Apr 7th 2004 4:37 am

Re: i went out ...

Originally posted by wombatboy
....the other day with my wife and her ex-schoolmates.
They brought boyfriends and 3 out of 3 of them were also english!!!!

Seems like we are becoming fashion accessories!!!
(I think it must be the tendancy to get hammered, talking fluent sh*te and pale skin......:eek: )
LOL
As another fashion accesory I know what you mean.