Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A downside to migration

A downside to migration

Old Apr 6th 2004, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future
Default A downside to migration

From the BBC

According to the Office of National Statistics, it seems the UK is missing about a million men.

Its thought they may have all migrated, but since no-one looks at who leaves the country, who can tell?

So now you know why you keep bumping into pommies everywhere you go!

From the BBC
Old Apr 6th 2004, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmmm maybe they went out to get a pint for the wife and never came back? :scared:
Oops better stop nagging Blim so much
Old Apr 6th 2004, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

Or there could be a few loose paving slabs , on a few patios in good old suburbia.:scared:
Old Apr 6th 2004, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

..........and no i'm not a brookie fan
Old Apr 6th 2004, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

They must all be doing the yadda yadda in the OZ outback. It has a dire shortage of women, so much so they have TV shows and magazines that help Ozzie blokes out west get a wife
I told you the lack of Next is a serious problem for us girls.

Women of childbearing age, nice hips, young enough to help on the farm seem highly collectable. Just get the womens weekly, available in any dentist or hairdresser in OZ. Largish women, (no good being weak and skinny on a bull farm) under 30 with a keen desire to learn farming seem to end up with the wedding gown trophy.

Now theres an opportunity for ya ladies

Old Apr 6th 2004, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god, i'm already married!
Old Apr 6th 2004, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by steandleigh
Thank god, i'm already married!
I had a narrow escape, mine is an aussie and used to work in the Western Australian Desert, I still have nightmares that I met him 5 years earlier
Old Apr 6th 2004, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
I had a narrow escape, mine is an aussie and used to work in the Western Australian Desert, I still have nightmares that I met him 5 years earlier

Oh, just think of what could have been....!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:02 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

The Queensland Groin Exchange
Old Apr 7th 2004, 3:02 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I liked the guy who said he didn't like crowds - do they know what a crowd is in QLD? or has it a different definition- like more than three people in a room or something?
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default i went out ...

....the other day with my wife and her ex-schoolmates.
They brought boyfriends and 3 out of 3 of them were also english!!!!

Seems like we are becoming fashion accessories!!!
(I think it must be the tendancy to get hammered, talking fluent sh*te and pale skin...... )
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:37 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: i went out ...

Originally posted by wombatboy
....the other day with my wife and her ex-schoolmates.
They brought boyfriends and 3 out of 3 of them were also english!!!!

Seems like we are becoming fashion accessories!!!
(I think it must be the tendancy to get hammered, talking fluent sh*te and pale skin...... )
LOL
As another fashion accesory I know what you mean.