Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Down Under expo - Birmingham

Down Under expo - Birmingham

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

nirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nice
Default Down Under expo - Birmingham

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone that is planning to move or has moved has ever attended one os these events.

I have researched our move to melbourne extensively and feel pretty sure of most things however i saw this event advertised and i was wondering how useful people thought it was. I live a fair way from birmingham and the total cost to get there and get in and lunch etc would be around £100.

So did people find it useful? looking st the people showing at the event it seems alot of immigration and moving companies and western/southern aus governments, along with some seminars.

any thoughts appreciated?

regards,

nirrade.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Mark.n.Mel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Down Under expo - Birmingham

Originally Posted by nirrade
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone that is planning to move or has moved has ever attended one os these events.

I have researched our move to melbourne extensively and feel pretty sure of most things however i saw this event advertised and i was wondering how useful people thought it was. I live a fair way from birmingham and the total cost to get there and get in and lunch etc would be around £100.

So did people find it useful? looking st the people showing at the event it seems alot of immigration and moving companies and western/southern aus governments, along with some seminars.

regards,

nirrade.
We are doing ours via one, not sure if i can mention who on the forums though...I think they give you a good deal of information that you can find anyway however they are there to sell you a lifestyle so to speak...

I opted to go through our agents as I dont want the headache associated with the migration process, I would rather make sure someone is responsible for paperwork being in on time etc, we have enough responsibilities with job finding, house selling, family organisation etc..

Old Feb 23rd 2011, 10:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone.

regards,

nirrade.
I have found these Expos to be a complete waste of time and money.

Save your GBP100 and get all the info you need from here.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:50 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone.

regards,

nirrade.

personally i`d say the info you`ll get would be very biased after all they are selling a product "australia" in this case

ask on here and you`ll get a more rounded view sort of warts and all

regards steve
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

Doco will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I have found these Expos to be a complete waste of time and money.

Save your GBP100 and get all the info you need from here.

Totally agree went to one in Glasgow before we left and IMO it was a total rip off and a waste of time. Deffo save your money, you won't learn anything there that you can't learn here or on the websites of the companys that are attending the expo.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I went to one about 9 years ago and it was shit.

Donate the entrance fee to those poor Kiwis and spend your time trawling this site - much more useful.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Totally agree with the negative comments, we had to go to the manchester one two years ago has we just missed the birmingham one, we used to live near brum so it would have been handy.
We travelled up to manchester and found the place paid to park, paid for lunches while out, paid for drinks etc all costs money, and for what? to be shuffled from stand to stand being given stupid booklets with info we already new, and these stupid gift packs containing a pen and a note pad?
I actually spoke to two agents for two companies and to be honest my day would have been better spent watching the paint dry in our old house while i plucked my hair out individually
Don't go the are a waste of money.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice

I went to the Brum one the other year at the motorcycle museum and to be honest I felt robbed. Not many stands there, overcrowding, couldn't speak to anyone unless you waited for ages and when you did speak to someone they knew just as much as you did. I walked away thinking it was a waste of time. The only interesting things about it was the shipping companies and banks.....
But you can research all that on the net.

I'd say save your money - these shows are for people only merley thinking about going...no good for people making the actual jump.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BonnieH
I went to the Brum one the other year at the motorcycle museum and to be honest I felt robbed. Not many stands there, overcrowding, couldn't speak to anyone unless you waited for ages and when you did speak to someone they knew just as much as you did. I walked away thinking it was a waste of time. The only interesting things about it was the shipping companies and banks.....
But you can research all that on the net.

I'd say save your money - these shows are for people only merley thinking about going...no good for people making the actual jump.
Same feeling I had when I went to one at the Leeds Armouries a couple of years back. Utterly useless and a complete waste of time and money.