Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dorset/ Hampshire meet

Dorset/ Hampshire meet

Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:15 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dorset/ Hampshire meet

There seems to be a lot of people asking why anyone from Dorset would want to emigrate.
The view seems to be that we live in a great place and won't find any better.
I am getting quite worried about our plans.
Does anyone else from Dorset or Hampshire feel the same?
Does anyone want to meet in the New Year?
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

rebh will become famous soon enoughrebh will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Dorset/ Hampshire meet

Also live in Dorset, I have just asked my husband who is Australian why he wants to go home and he said look outside the window and thats why he wants to return ( its pouring with rain at the moment!).

If others are interested a meet up sounds good
Old Dec 10th 2006, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kapri
There seems to be a lot of people asking why anyone from Dorset would want to emigrate.
The view seems to be that we live in a great place and won't find any better.
I am getting quite worried about our plans.
Does anyone else from Dorset or Hampshire feel the same?
Does anyone want to meet in the New Year?

Hiya

As always - I'm up for a meet

People do ask why we want to go - I live next to the beach and within minutes of the countryside - but at the end of the day there are other things in life - well at least I bloody hope there is

Just name the date and location
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 9:33 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

now we're into the New Year does anyone have a suggestion for a date and time for a meet?
It would be good to put some faces to names and also to talk about plans - we haven't told anyone yet
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there,
We are quiet flexible on times and places. Not sure if anybody else has children and wants to bring them along, we have a couple but can always arrange a babysitter if people prefer a child free meet.
Looking forward to catching up with everyone.
Rebecca
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rebh
Hi there,
We are quiet flexible on times and places. Not sure if anybody else has children and wants to bring them along, we have a couple but can always arrange a babysitter if people prefer a child free meet.
Looking forward to catching up with everyone.
Rebecca

Perhaps we should try and arrange something with kids - I won't put you through the torture of bringing my satanic spawn but it may be easier to attend if we go child firendly.

We need to try and arrange a time and day again - it would be good to meet.

SC x-x-x-x
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:36 am
Happy migrant

We can do a daytime meet with kids or an evening meet without them.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Old Jan 8th 2007, 12:50 pm
Account Closed

We can do a daytime meet with kids or an evening meet without them.
Anyone got any suggestions?

How about we see who is interested and their locations then go from there - try to make it central for all ??

Day or eve makes no difference to me
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sassycat
How about we see who is interested and their locations then go from there - try to make it central for all ??

Day or eve makes no difference to me
Thats a good idea, we are the Southbourne side of Bournemouth, my other half works during the day so it will have to be evenings or weekends for us.
Old Jan 9th 2007, 11:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rebh
Thats a good idea, we are the Southbourne side of Bournemouth, my other half works during the day so it will have to be evenings or weekends for us.
Bloody hell - talk about close to home - Im other side of Westbourne

I know there are a few from Bournemouth/Poole area and some from the West country as well - so hopefully we will be able to set something up in the near future.

Take Care

SC x-x-x-x-x-x
Old Jan 10th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

We live in Branksome in Poole and would love to come to a meet up if there is one soon. If its during the day then we could only come at the weekend as we are both working. Evening is fine as well. We don't have kids and don't mind too much where we meet.

We have people ask us why we want to move too.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 4:36 pm
Happy migrant

What about an afternoon meet on the weekend of 3rd/4th Feb?
A family friendly place on the outskirts of Poole somewhere if anyone knows a good spot.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

What about an afternoon meet on the weekend of 3rd/4th Feb?
A family friendly place on the outskirts of Poole somewhere if anyone knows a good spot.
Thats sounds fine with me and OH - not sure about a place - will have a think about it - will there be kiddies coming as well?

There are plenty of kid friendly pubs around so maybe that will be a good idea

Love SC x-x-x-x
Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:09 pm
Happy migrant

If it's in the afternoon we'll have to bring our kids.
If you want to make it an evening we can get a babysitter.
Old Jan 10th 2007, 6:11 pm
Account Closed

If it's in the afternoon we'll have to bring our kids.
If you want to make it an evening we can get a babysitter.
Hey hun

Really makes no difference to me - I wont torture you with mine whatever time - so its upto those with kids - I'm flexible with whatever

Do you know any child friendly pubs - not sure about them so maybe have to look on the net for local ones

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.