Doree Bonner

Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:00 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doree Bonner

Well I said I'd report when my stuff arrived and it's finally here.

Grace delivered it at this end and were superb.

We've pretty much been through everything and given that we transported Wedgewood, several antiques, china and glassware, the only thing that was broken was a melamine cup!!!

The boxes look just as they did when they left us, none of our electrical stuff is missing and it's just like Christmas unwrapping all this stuff. The children are thrilled and my youngest daughter's room is already a mess

The delivery guys were excellent. We have 10 days to go through everything and report any missing/damaged stuff but I can't see anything.

We had a shared container and the cost was just over 1K.

Quarantine didn't open anything at this end, although I hear they X-ray stuff.. maybe there was nothing suspicious in our consignment? I dunno. Anyway, everything signed, sealed and delivered.

Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:05 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doree Bonner

Originally Posted by iPom

We've pretty much been through everything and given that we transported Wedgewood, several antiques, china and glassware, the only thing that was broken was a melamine cup!!!

The boxes look just as they did when they left us, none of our electrical stuff is missing and it's just like Christmas unwrapping all this stuff. The children are thrilled and my youngest daughter's room is already a mess

The delivery guys were excellent. We have 10 days to go through everything and report any missing/damaged stuff but I can't see anything.

Quarantine didn't open anything at this end, although I hear they X-ray stuff.. maybe there was nothing suspicious in our consignment? I dunno. Anyway, everything signed, sealed and delivered.

Thats nice to hear. Glad your stuff has arrived safely.

xRachx

p.s How's the cat?
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Thats nice to hear. Glad your stuff has arrived safely.

xRachx

p.s How's the cat?

The cat is 100% himself, loving the sun and bullying the new dog. He's in absolute heaven.

Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:17 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

What a relief it must be to have all your stuff arrived safe and sound - don't envy you the unpacking tho'!

Nicky
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

It must be such a relief that it has all arrived safe and sound.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
What a relief it must be to have all your stuff arrived safe and sound - don't envy you the unpacking tho'!

Nicky

The unpacking is wearing to be honest, but you just have to keep going. I always believed home is where your stuff is, and it's true. Every room looks like home.

I was expecting some breakages, but the stuff is packed so carefully I just can't fault it.

Grace at this end are so good. Lovely blokes and worked hard getting everything in here. They unwrapped the big stuff and took the packaging away with them.

My hub's just putting my recipe books up on the shelf. A home is a home once the books are in.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TeresaG
It must be such a relief that it has all arrived safe and sound.

Yes, well I hope anyone thinking about DB in the UK will read this. I can't fault them at all. It's amazing what you can live without but it's lovely to have it all arrive.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:29 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

A home is a home once the books are in.
I know what you mean! When we've moved house before, the drill is 1. Sort out the beds. 2. Get the kettle on for a brew 3. Put up the bookshelves and start unpacking the books! Great minds think alike!

And then there are always those couple of boxes of stuff that sit around for months because you can't be bothered or find anywhere for the bits to go!

Nicky
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
I know what you mean! When we've moved house before, the drill is 1. Sort out the beds. 2. Get the kettle on for a brew 3. Put up the bookshelves and start unpacking the books! Great minds think alike!

And then there are always those couple of boxes of stuff that sit around for months because you can't be bothered or find anywhere for the bits to go!

Nicky
Yes, and don't forget fish and chips out of the wrapper at lunchtime.

LOL yes, well we need some type of units to go up (IKEA prob) and until then, things will stay in their boxes. I have gone through them though, just to check for breakages. All seems good.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

Great tip, doree bonner was recommended to me by someone else as well. How long did shipment take from leaving the uk?

sarah-jayne
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:03 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Great tip, doree bonner was recommended to me by someone else as well. How long did shipment take from leaving the uk?

sarah-jayne

We were here for 5 weeks before we found out that it had left 2 days before!!!
(The container had to fill up first so that's why it was slow)
Once it was on it's way, (27th May) then it came in a week ago and had 4 days in customs before it was delivered by Grace.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

thomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to beholdthomas and sarahjayne is a splendid one to behold

We were here for 5 weeks before we found out that it had left 2 days before!!!
(The container had to fill up first so that's why it was slow)
Once it was on it's way, (27th May) then it came in a week ago and had 4 days in customs before it was delivered by Grace.

okay thanks. sounds good
Old Jul 4th 2006, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

sunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant futuresunshine9599 has a brilliant future

Yes, well I hope anyone thinking about DB in the UK will read this. I can't fault them at all. It's amazing what you can live without but it's lovely to have it all arrive.

as i am sitting waiting on the guy from doree bonner its reassuring to read such a positive report...

cheers

xx
Old Jul 4th 2006, 12:00 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

The unpacking is wearing to be honest, but you just have to keep going. I always believed home is where your stuff is, and it's true. Every room looks like home.

I was expecting some breakages, but the stuff is packed so carefully I just can't fault it.

Grace at this end are so good. Lovely blokes and worked hard getting everything in here. They unwrapped the big stuff and took the packaging away with them.

My hub's just putting my recipe books up on the shelf. A home is a home once the books are in.
WE [grace ] delivered a job the other week from DB,s x B/HAM UK and the packing from one packer was terrible, lamp shade totally destroyed ,china ornaments broken , crystal glasses broken .....you win some.etc....... mm
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:22 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

That's another good report for Dorree Bonner. So glad your stuff arrived safe and sound. How long have you been without it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.