British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Doree Bonner (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/doree-bonner-382994/)

iPom Jul 4th 2006 10:00 am

Doree Bonner

Well I said I'd report when my stuff arrived and it's finally here.

Grace delivered it at this end and were superb.

We've pretty much been through everything and given that we transported Wedgewood, several antiques, china and glassware, the only thing that was broken was a melamine cup!!!

The boxes look just as they did when they left us, none of our electrical stuff is missing and it's just like Christmas unwrapping all this stuff. The children are thrilled and my youngest daughter's room is already a mess :D

The delivery guys were excellent. We have 10 days to go through everything and report any missing/damaged stuff but I can't see anything.

We had a shared container and the cost was just over 1K.

Quarantine didn't open anything at this end, although I hear they X-ray stuff.. maybe there was nothing suspicious in our consignment? I dunno. Anyway, everything signed, sealed and delivered.

:beer:

ladywithatorch Jul 4th 2006 10:05 am

Re: Doree Bonner

Originally Posted by iPom

We've pretty much been through everything and given that we transported Wedgewood, several antiques, china and glassware, the only thing that was broken was a melamine cup!!!

The boxes look just as they did when they left us, none of our electrical stuff is missing and it's just like Christmas unwrapping all this stuff. The children are thrilled and my youngest daughter's room is already a mess :D

The delivery guys were excellent. We have 10 days to go through everything and report any missing/damaged stuff but I can't see anything.

Quarantine didn't open anything at this end, although I hear they X-ray stuff.. maybe there was nothing suspicious in our consignment? I dunno. Anyway, everything signed, sealed and delivered.

Thats nice to hear. Glad your stuff has arrived safely.

xRachx

p.s How's the cat?

iPom Jul 4th 2006 10:16 am

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Thats nice to hear. Glad your stuff has arrived safely.

xRachx

p.s How's the cat?

The cat is 100% himself, loving the sun and bullying the new dog. He's in absolute heaven.

:D

Nicky & Dave Jul 4th 2006 10:17 am

What a relief it must be to have all your stuff arrived safe and sound - don't envy you the unpacking tho'!

Nicky

TeresaG Jul 4th 2006 10:23 am

It must be such a relief that it has all arrived safe and sound.

iPom Jul 4th 2006 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
What a relief it must be to have all your stuff arrived safe and sound - don't envy you the unpacking tho'!

Nicky

The unpacking is wearing to be honest, but you just have to keep going. I always believed home is where your stuff is, and it's true. Every room looks like home.

I was expecting some breakages, but the stuff is packed so carefully I just can't fault it.

Grace at this end are so good. Lovely blokes and worked hard getting everything in here. They unwrapped the big stuff and took the packaging away with them.

My hub's just putting my recipe books up on the shelf. A home is a home once the books are in. :D

iPom Jul 4th 2006 10:25 am

Originally Posted by TeresaG
It must be such a relief that it has all arrived safe and sound.

Yes, well I hope anyone thinking about DB in the UK will read this. I can't fault them at all. It's amazing what you can live without but it's lovely to have it all arrive.

Nicky & Dave Jul 4th 2006 10:29 am

A home is a home once the books are in. :D

I know what you mean! When we've moved house before, the drill is 1. Sort out the beds. 2. Get the kettle on for a brew 3. Put up the bookshelves and start unpacking the books! Great minds think alike! :D

And then there are always those couple of boxes of stuff that sit around for months because you can't be bothered or find anywhere for the bits to go!

Nicky

iPom Jul 4th 2006 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
I know what you mean! When we've moved house before, the drill is 1. Sort out the beds. 2. Get the kettle on for a brew 3. Put up the bookshelves and start unpacking the books! Great minds think alike! :D

And then there are always those couple of boxes of stuff that sit around for months because you can't be bothered or find anywhere for the bits to go!

Nicky

Yes, and don't forget fish and chips out of the wrapper at lunchtime. :D

LOL yes, well we need some type of units to go up (IKEA prob) and until then, things will stay in their boxes. I have gone through them though, just to check for breakages. All seems good. :)

thomas and sarahjayne Jul 4th 2006 10:51 am

Great tip, doree bonner was recommended to me by someone else as well. How long did shipment take from leaving the uk?

sarah-jayne

iPom Jul 4th 2006 11:03 am

Originally Posted by thomas and sarahjayne
Great tip, doree bonner was recommended to me by someone else as well. How long did shipment take from leaving the uk?

sarah-jayne

We were here for 5 weeks before we found out that it had left 2 days before!!! :o
(The container had to fill up first so that's why it was slow)
Once it was on it's way, (27th May) then it came in a week ago and had 4 days in customs before it was delivered by Grace.

thomas and sarahjayne Jul 4th 2006 11:22 am

We were here for 5 weeks before we found out that it had left 2 days before!!! :o
(The container had to fill up first so that's why it was slow)
Once it was on it's way, (27th May) then it came in a week ago and had 4 days in customs before it was delivered by Grace.

okay thanks. sounds good

sunshine9599 Jul 4th 2006 11:25 am

Yes, well I hope anyone thinking about DB in the UK will read this. I can't fault them at all. It's amazing what you can live without but it's lovely to have it all arrive.

as i am sitting waiting on the guy from doree bonner its reassuring to read such a positive report...

cheers

xx

mr mover Jul 4th 2006 12:00 pm

The unpacking is wearing to be honest, but you just have to keep going. I always believed home is where your stuff is, and it's true. Every room looks like home.

I was expecting some breakages, but the stuff is packed so carefully I just can't fault it.

Grace at this end are so good. Lovely blokes and worked hard getting everything in here. They unwrapped the big stuff and took the packaging away with them.

My hub's just putting my recipe books up on the shelf. A home is a home once the books are in. :D

WE [grace ] delivered a job the other week from DB,s x B/HAM UK and the packing from one packer was terrible, lamp shade totally destroyed ,china ornaments broken , crystal glasses broken :confused: .....you win some.etc....... :beer: mm

herrchook Jul 4th 2006 3:22 pm

That's another good report for Dorree Bonner. So glad your stuff arrived safe and sound. How long have you been without it?