Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dont worry about the negative stuff on here

Dont worry about the negative stuff on here

Old Sep 11th 2005, 2:52 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dont worry about the negative stuff on here

Originally Posted by Bix
Let's hope it aint "wash you out of your bed storm"
Hmmm, major topic at work at present - how would Qld cope if a Katrina-equivalent hit Cairns..........can lions swim?
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:04 pm
Banned

Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hmmm, major topic at work at present - how would Qld cope if a Katrina-equivalent hit Cairns..........can lions swim?
I am not sure what the population of Cairns is, probably around a couple of hundred thousand at the high end?

If America are struggling I am sure we would struggle with the huge distance involved between the nearest regional centre -Townsville? - to get supplies and manpower in place although there is a major base in Townsville.

Never mind Cairns how about if it hit Sydney or Brisbane? :scared:
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:07 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't help when every third post is the work of one 'person' logging in under multiple names.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:27 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
It doesn't help when every third post is the work of one 'person' logging in under multiple names.
I agree - in fact its becoming really quite sad and commonplace it seems. Wish I had that much time on my hands to be that bothered about a forum lol.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:51 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I agree - in fact its becoming really quite sad and commonplace it seems. Wish I had that much time on my hands to be that bothered about a forum lol.
ai - lol - the muppet's completely transparent to me, but it annoys me that other people are offering up genuine replies. Have you noticed how shite he's getting at the names now - don't know what's funnier - that, or the fact that he's probably got a little book somewhere with all the details of these fake log-ins in, along with some bullshit potted history.

Three words - 'get', 'out' and 'more.
Old Sep 11th 2005, 4:10 pm
Banned

2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future

I`m confused

maybe we could have a "suspected sameguy" thread!

eg: bilbo - nivarna - crypton and your resons why!!

sounds like fun to me? -
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:51 pm
Banned

Bradley7 will become famous soon enoughBradley7 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 2foot
Hey, seems alot of oz picking on here at the mo!
When we lived in Australia we loved it - brilliant weather was far to good to sit at a computer!
So those who start threads - that live in australia - and feel the need to go on a forum about Britain and British maybe, in all honesty, a little homesick.
I know that sometimes when I had a bottle of wine and there is a snake in my house, I felt like I`d live in a nice thatched cottage in Devon.
Until I hit a frosty heathrow airport and had to sit of fag burned seats and pay £8.00 to park the car for 13 minutes!!! :scared:
Anyway - go and have a go, keep you uk passport and see. But if its not for you - please only "warn others" with constructive facts rather that personal winging
2foot
People post their view as you have posted yours to give perspective or to try to give others dimmer or brighter rose tinted specs!
Yet another post to start a lot of negative stuff!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

When we lived in Australia we loved it - brilliant weather was far to good to sit at a computer!

So those who start threads - that live in australia - and feel the need to go on a forum about Britain and British maybe, in all honesty, a little homesick.

I know that sometimes when I had a bottle of wine and there is a snake in my house, I felt like I`d live in a nice thatched cottage in Devon.

Until I hit a frosty heathrow airport and had to sit of fag burned seats and pay £8.00 to park the car for 13 minutes!!! :scared:

Anyway - go and have a go, keep you uk passport and see. But if its not for you - please only "warn others" with constructive facts rather that personal winging

2foot
Excellent and have to agree it did make me smile/
I have been having cold feet latley and I am fine until I go onto expats.I am one of those women who unfortunatley do worry about things too much.
Typical Gemini some days full of confidence then other days worry about everything and feel in secure.Some geminis may disagree.
Got to go for it and only one life to live etc,etc.Thanks for your reasurance
Old Sep 12th 2005, 12:47 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
However, if none of us in Aus were posting on a British forum, then those of you back home wouldn't be getting ANY views - positive, negative, or realistic!

Tonights combination of facts - lovely big storm brewing (positive), it'll probably knacker the electrics in the house (realistic) and my pc may not recover this time (negative)
and
there is a hoon screeching his tyres up and down the road outside, the phone bill came this week, and its nearly Monday morning....just like Brighton, wonder why I left

By the way, yes I'm homesick, but that doesn't mean I don't like it here

Indeed, just coz some of us miss the Uk, doesn't mean we don't like Oz.
Old Sep 12th 2005, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Stu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the roughStu.E is a jewel in the rough

2foot
In amongst the bitterness of those whose move was unsatisfactory are many success stories.

Unfortunately, you just can't win. If you are happy you are simply branded a member of the rose-tinted specs brigade.

Last edited by Stu.E; Sep 12th 2005 at 1:10 am.
Old Sep 12th 2005, 1:04 am
Banned

Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stu.E
In amongst the bitterness of those whose move was unsatisfactory are many success stories.

Unfortunately, you just can't win. If you a happy you are simply branded a member of the rose-tinted specs brigade.
We must be members of the rose tinted brigade then because we are very happy here and would not consider moving anywhere else in the world for the time being. That is not to say we don't miss friends and family in the UK and USA but this is our life with our kids, our own family.

I would hope people could see through the BS and make their own minds up?
Old Sep 12th 2005, 3:06 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

[

If America are struggling I am sure we would struggle with the huge distance involved between the nearest regional centre -Townsville? - to get supplies and manpower in place although there is a major base in Townsville.

You're joking! Forget Townsville and head up the escarpment to the Tablelands! Herberton, Atherton, even Kuranda would provide a lovely safe-haven.
Old Sep 12th 2005, 3:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCrone
[

You're joking! Forget Townsville and head up the escarpment to the Tablelands! Herberton, Atherton, even Kuranda would provide a lovely safe-haven.
The reason we picked Cairns is because it would be so difficult to get access too, but certainly there would be problems if any Aus city was hit, partly because of the large distances between centres.