Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Travel Agents......

Aussie Travel Agents......

Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud ofSBUK has much to be proud of
Default Aussie Travel Agents......

Hello Folks..
Can any one help us with a name or two of some travel agents over in Oz???....my wife who's been in the trade since leaving school (15 years bless her) is putting a bit of a CV together to send to any interested parties(mainly as The travel industry isnt mention on any occupation lists' that we need points for, for our visas!) so i think its gonna be down to her to find and impress any Lunn Polys' down under! . Anyhoot see what you can find and let us know eh??....email or web addys whould be a great help...
see yers.... Come on you England
Old Sep 11th 2005, 7:53 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Travel Agents......

Originally Posted by SBUK
Hello Folks..
Can any one help us with a name or two of some travel agents over in Oz???....my wife who's been in the trade since leaving school (15 years bless her) is putting a bit of a CV together to send to any interested parties(mainly as The travel industry isnt mention on any occupation lists' that we need points for, for our visas!) so i think its gonna be down to her to find and impress any Lunn Polys' down under! . Anyhoot see what you can find and let us know eh??....email or web addys whould be a great help...
You could probably start here : http://www.afta.com.au

The Australian Federation of Travel Agents, they list all travel agents including the top awarding winners etc etc. Maybe a starting point. Good luck!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Centurion
You could probably start here : http://www.afta.com.au

The Australian Federation of Travel Agents, they list all travel agents including the top awarding winners etc etc. Maybe a starting point. Good luck!
You could also try these.
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/
http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/busSearch.jhtml

Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:21 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SBUK
Hello Folks..
Hi SBUK,
You could try www.flightcentre.com.au
Go to "Hot Jobs" and it will bring up a load of jobs all over Oz.
I've been working in travel for 26 years ( is it really that long!!!), and hope to find something myself when we arrive in Brisbane next year.
I'm not sure where you are going, but my cousin's SIL works for Qantas in Brisbane and she's told me that there are a large number of big companies that are often on the lookout for staff in their call centres. I'd imagine that this is true in the other major cities too.
Good Luck.
Julie
Old Sep 12th 2005, 12:41 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Hi SBUK,
You could try www.flightcentre.com.au
Go to "Hot Jobs" and it will bring up a load of jobs all over Oz.
I've been working in travel for 26 years ( is it really that long!!!), and hope to find something myself when we arrive in Brisbane next year.
I'm not sure where you are going, but my cousin's SIL works for Qantas in Brisbane and she's told me that there are a large number of big companies that are often on the lookout for staff in their call centres. I'd imagine that this is true in the other major cities too.
Good Luck.
Julie
I have subscribed to the flight centre jobs alert and I must get 10-15 a week, I also worked in travel(Lunn Poly) for 8 years before having the kids...I may be wrong but the flight centre has won employer of the year a couple of times so should be good to work for.

Mrs S
Old Sep 12th 2005, 3:40 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Along with Flight Centre, STA Travel are another big one you see in most major shopping areas.
www.statravel.com.au

You do occasionally see Agents advertising for consultants on seek.com.au

Steve