Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

dont want to upset you lot but

dont want to upset you lot but

Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:31 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: dont want to upset you lot but

Originally Posted by glittababe
8.52am and 34 degrees in Brisbane!

Its sure going to be a hot one today!

Might go upto Mooloolaba, theres an event on up there, fireworks etc tonight - perfect beach weather... Slip, slap, slop!!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:40 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=mlbonner]Its sure going to be a hot one today!

Just got off the phone to Brisbane, Morningside and it's 35 degrees there at the mo!!!

Mmmmmmmmmm.....just makes me........happy!!!! Coz even though it's cold here , i can actually imagine being there and being WARM!
Old Nov 12th 2004, 10:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

its now 27c here and i can tell u its hot !!!!! i spent 5 mins in the sun and burst into a sweat but im going back out for more after it takes me an hour to cool down
Old Nov 12th 2004, 11:56 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
its now 27c here and i can tell u its hot !!!!! i spent 5 mins in the sun and burst into a sweat but im going back out for more after it takes me an hour to cool down
bout 22c here at 9am, forecast for 25 today, 31 Sunday and, yikes, 35 Monday

Going on the jet ski today, that should keep me cool

Me mates inform me it's freezing back in the uk, don't miss that at all, I hate the uk winter, hate it, hate it.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:08 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1

Me mates inform me it's freezing back in the uk, don't miss that at all, I hate the uk winter, hate it, hate it.
It's about minus a zillion here in Kent tonight! Bit of a cold snap you might say!
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:16 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonyk38
It's about minus a zillion here in Kent tonight! Bit of a cold snap you might say!
15C in Melbourne this morning. In the last hour, we have gone from iron-gray skies & howling winds, to cornflower-blue skies, big white-horse waves (it's still breezy) & bright sunshine!

That's Melbourne.....

Off for a walk shortly to get a close up view of those big waves - sometimes you get interesting birds blown in & it's amusing (but cruel) watching the pelicans getting tossed about by the wind as they try to land on the lagoon...

Each to his/her own, but this is what makes me happy...

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Its sure going to be a hot one today!

Might go upto Mooloolaba, theres an event on up there, fireworks etc tonight - perfect beach weather... Slip, slap, slop!!
If only! Stuck in baking house as son still poorly so going out today is not an option! But hey I can swim in the pool and sunbathe in garden! In two weeks we'll be back in grey UK, how much of a shock to system will that be!
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:29 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anya4oz
15C in Melbourne this morning. In the last hour, we have gone from iron-gray skies & howling winds, to cornflower-blue skies, big white-horse waves (it's still breezy) & bright sunshine!

That's Melbourne.....

Off for a walk shortly to get a close up view of those big waves - sometimes you get interesting birds blown in & it's amusing (but cruel) watching the pelicans getting tossed about by the wind as they try to land on the lagoon...

Each to his/her own, but this is what makes me happy...

Cheers,
Anya.
Bad weather often brings in good birds. What sort of stuff do you get on the reserve when the winds right Anya?

We'll have to meet up for some birding when I get there btw!

Sorry to go slightly off topic folks, but birds and weather go together so to speak!
Old Nov 13th 2004, 1:45 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Bad weather often brings in good birds. What sort of stuff do you get on the reserve when the winds right Anya?

We'll have to meet up for some birding when I get there btw!

Sorry to go slightly off topic folks, but birds and weather go together so to speak!
Just returned home soaked - it's now far too rainy & windy to see *anything* out there! (but I'm sure in 5 mins time it will be sunny & 30C in the shade!)

I'm not sure exactly what counts as a 'rare vagrant' here, because I'm not that good at identifying them yet! I keep meaning to go on a course that the Bird Observers Club of Oz run locally. However, last time it was really squally, we saw things that looked like Curlew sandpipers sheltering among the rocks on the foreshore, which we hadn't seen here before.

Yes, deffo meet up for birding - sounds good!

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Just returned home soaked - it's now far too rainy & windy to see *anything* out there! (but I'm sure in 5 mins time it will be sunny & 30C in the shade!)

I'm not sure exactly what counts as a 'rare vagrant' here, because I'm not that good at identifying them yet! I keep meaning to go on a course that the Bird Observers Club of Oz run locally. However, last time it was really squally, we saw things that looked like Curlew sandpipers sheltering among the rocks on the foreshore, which we hadn't seen here before.

Yes, deffo meet up for birding - sounds good!

Cheers,
Anya.
I'm generally pretty good on waders and I'm a quick study on bird calls. I'm nearly 39 and I've been birding properly since I was 16, so I'll help any way I can.

There's a very rare wader that sometimes turns up in your neck of the woods called Cox' Sandpiper. It's been seen at Altona and Werribee and possibly elsewhere. It's illustrated in 'Frasers'. Not the most exciting Aussie bird I know, but I like an identification challenge!
Old Nov 13th 2004, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
now theres things i miss, gritters and cold walks
wrap up now
its 03.00hrs here and lovely in 31c.....but then i am in a special care nursery, but hey, outside looks a tad chilly!
Old Nov 13th 2004, 2:01 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1

me too, if i never see snow in my life again i will be so content with the rest of my life
Old Nov 13th 2004, 2:28 am
ABCDiamond

Temperatures at Brisbane Airport (closest to Bayside temps) today
Sat 13/11 13:00 - 28.8 °C
Sat 13/11 12:30 - 28.9 °C
Sat 13/11 12:00 - 28.9 °C
Sat 13/11 11:30 - 28.3 °C
Sat 13/11 11:00 - 29.5 °C
Sat 13/11 10:30 - 28.8 °C
Sat 13/11 10:00 - 28.4 °C
Sat 13/11 09:30 - 28.8 °C