Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't like Noosa??

Don't like Noosa??

Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Munchmel will become famous soon enough
Default Don't like Noosa??

Think there must be something wrong with me, but having trapsed round the sunshine coast for a bit......I actually really like the look of living in Sippy Downs/Chancellor Park......and really didn't like Noosa.

It just seemed the most beautiful place, but no heart or community feel to it, it really felt impersonal and closed off. Was really surprised as have never heard anything but rave reviews... Am prepared to get slated now....but Sippy Downs felt much more inclusive and friendly...less appearingly self satisfied posers than the rest of the sunshine coast?!?

..digs further into the hole and hides...
Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:26 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't like Noosa??

Noosa's nice... for a holiday.

Old Jun 16th 2007, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Munchmel
Think there must be something wrong with me, but having trapsed round the sunshine coast for a bit......I actually really like the look of living in Sippy Downs/Chancellor Park......and really didn't like Noosa.

It just seemed the most beautiful place, but no heart or community feel to it, it really felt impersonal and closed off. Was really surprised as have never heard anything but rave reviews... Am prepared to get slated now....but Sippy Downs felt much more inclusive and friendly...less appearingly self satisfied posers than the rest of the sunshine coast?!?

I'm not a Noosa fan. Went once for a holiday, had a nice walk, beach.....no desire to return again. People do rave about it though
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:16 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

i think I would like to live there. The surrounding areas to Noosa itself I think are really nice. Not sure I'd like the being surrounded by tourist thing, like market days at Eumundi and the like.

But then I guess if you can afford to slum it in a nice Noosa river pad then why wouldnt you
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
i think I would like to live there. The surrounding areas to Noosa itself I think are really nice. Not sure I'd like the being surrounded by tourist thing, like market days at Eumundi and the like.

But then I guess if you can afford to slum it in a nice Noosa river pad then why wouldnt you
I couldnt live there if you paid me
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:42 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
I would if you paid me.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iPom
I would if you paid me.
I would pay you too if I could ipom
xx
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:36 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Munchmel

Personally I dont like the place either but many will. Thats the thing about the world we all have different preferences or feelings about things.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:43 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Personally I dont like the place either but many will. Thats the thing about the world we all have different preferences or feelings about things.
Cut that out! That is not how we do things around here. Everyone has to take one side or the other and make an argument
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:44 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Cut that out! That is not how we do things around here. Everyone has to take one side or the other and make an argument
Well I definitely dont like Perth and I have not even been there yet
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

ive just paid $$$$$$$$$$ for a holiday home at nooseville its better than the north east of england some of you wana remember where you came from before sllagging somewhere of that you would like to live but cant aford:curse:
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wintersgills
ive just paid $$$$$$$$$$ for a holiday home at nooseville its better than the north east of england some of you wana remember where you came from before sllagging somewhere of that you would like to live but cant aford:curse:
Err, good for you having a holiday home there, you obviously like it.
I'm not slagging it, just saying its not my cup of tea & wouldnt want to live there. Being able to afford to live there has nothing to do with it at all.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Err, good for you having a holiday home there, you obviously like it.
I'm not slagging it, just saying its not my cup of tea & wouldnt want to live there. Being able to afford to live there has nothing to do with it at all.
just pullin your leg theres to many people !dont do this dont do that! do whot you want do it for yourself!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wintersgills
just pullin your leg theres to many people !dont do this dont do that! do whot you want do it for yourself!
Yes & enjoy doing it!!!!!!!
Ps....My legs could do with pulling as they are quite short
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:33 am
Has left the building

Yes & enjoy doing it!!!!!!!
Ps....My legs could do with pulling as they are quite short
After the story yesterday all men are now crossing their legs on hearing anything to do with pulling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.