British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Don't like Noosa?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/dont-like-noosa-458747/)

Munchmel Jun 16th 2007 2:34 am

Don't like Noosa??

Think there must be something wrong with me, but having trapsed round the sunshine coast for a bit......I actually really like the look of living in Sippy Downs/Chancellor Park......and really didn't like Noosa.:blink:

It just seemed the most beautiful place, but no heart or community feel to it, it really felt impersonal and closed off. Was really surprised as have never heard anything but rave reviews...:eek: Am prepared to get slated now....but Sippy Downs felt much more inclusive and friendly...less appearingly self satisfied posers than the rest of the sunshine coast?!?:thumbup:

..digs further into the hole and hides...:o

iPom Jun 16th 2007 4:26 am

Re: Don't like Noosa??

Noosa's nice... for a holiday.

:D

birdynumnum Jun 16th 2007 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Munchmel (Post 4920743)
Think there must be something wrong with me, but having trapsed round the sunshine coast for a bit......I actually really like the look of living in Sippy Downs/Chancellor Park......and really didn't like Noosa.:blink:

It just seemed the most beautiful place, but no heart or community feel to it, it really felt impersonal and closed off. Was really surprised as have never heard anything but rave reviews...:eek: Am prepared to get slated now....but Sippy Downs felt much more inclusive and friendly...less appearingly self satisfied posers than the rest of the sunshine coast?!?:thumbup:

I'm not a Noosa fan. Went once for a holiday, had a nice walk, beach.....no desire to return again. People do rave about it though

Centurion Jun 16th 2007 5:16 am

i think I would like to live there. The surrounding areas to Noosa itself I think are really nice. Not sure I'd like the being surrounded by tourist thing, like market days at Eumundi and the like.

But then I guess if you can afford to slum it in a nice Noosa river pad then why wouldnt you ;)

birdynumnum Jun 16th 2007 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 4921048)
i think I would like to live there. The surrounding areas to Noosa itself I think are really nice. Not sure I'd like the being surrounded by tourist thing, like market days at Eumundi and the like.

But then I guess if you can afford to slum it in a nice Noosa river pad then why wouldnt you ;)

I couldnt live there if you paid me :)

iPom Jun 16th 2007 5:42 am

Originally Posted by birdynumnum (Post 4921055)

I would if you paid me.

birdynumnum Jun 16th 2007 5:49 am

Originally Posted by iPom (Post 4921091)
I would if you paid me.

I would pay you too if I could ipom :)
xx

Geelong Gent Jun 16th 2007 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Munchmel (Post 4920743)

Personally I dont like the place either but many will. Thats the thing about the world we all have different preferences or feelings about things.

worzel Jun 16th 2007 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent (Post 4921193)
Personally I dont like the place either but many will. Thats the thing about the world we all have different preferences or feelings about things.

Cut that out! That is not how we do things around here. Everyone has to take one side or the other and make an argument:lol:

Geelong Gent Jun 16th 2007 6:44 am

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 4921200)
Cut that out! That is not how we do things around here. Everyone has to take one side or the other and make an argument:lol:

Well I definitely dont like Perth and I have not even been there yet:p

wintersgills Jun 16th 2007 6:45 am

Originally Posted by birdynumnum (Post 4921055)

ive just paid $$$$$$$$$$ for a holiday home at nooseville its better than the north east of england some of you wana remember where you came from before sllagging somewhere of that you would like to live but cant aford:curse:

birdynumnum Jun 16th 2007 6:50 am

Originally Posted by wintersgills (Post 4921202)
ive just paid $$$$$$$$$$ for a holiday home at nooseville its better than the north east of england some of you wana remember where you came from before sllagging somewhere of that you would like to live but cant aford:curse:

Err, good for you having a holiday home there, you obviously like it.
I'm not slagging it, just saying its not my cup of tea & wouldnt want to live there. Being able to afford to live there has nothing to do with it at all. :)

wintersgills Jun 16th 2007 6:55 am

Originally Posted by birdynumnum (Post 4921207)
Err, good for you having a holiday home there, you obviously like it.
I'm not slagging it, just saying its not my cup of tea & wouldnt want to live there. Being able to afford to live there has nothing to do with it at all. :)

just pullin your leg theres to many people !dont do this dont do that! do whot you want do it for yourself!:thumbsup:

birdynumnum Jun 16th 2007 7:01 am

Originally Posted by wintersgills (Post 4921213)
just pullin your leg theres to many people !dont do this dont do that! do whot you want do it for yourself!:thumbsup:

Yes & enjoy doing it!!!!!!!
Ps....My legs could do with pulling as they are quite short :)

Geelong Gent Jun 16th 2007 8:33 am

Originally Posted by birdynumnum (Post 4921219)
Yes & enjoy doing it!!!!!!!
Ps....My legs could do with pulling as they are quite short :)

After the story yesterday all men are now crossing their legs on hearing anything to do with pulling:(