Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't forget the lawnmower !!

Don't forget the lawnmower !!

Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough
Default Don't forget the lawnmower !!

We were put off bringing ours because of the stringent customs rules and regs. Wish we had ! Australians don't seem to need a drive motor on thier lawnmowers and to buy one with drive costs at least $800 upwards !

We sold our old one for £15. to get rid and the hubby has never forgiven me !!

Maybe a pointless thread to some but may save some money/earache for others !
Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:38 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Don't forget the lawnmower !!

Originally Posted by surfdude
We were put off bringing ours because of the stringent customs rules and regs. Wish we had ! Australians don't seem to need a drive motor on thier lawnmowers and to buy one with drive costs at least $800 upwards !

A good point.

Some info here: http://www.thisplace.com.au/priceguide/lawnmowers.htm
on the types of lawnmowers available, and prices, in Australia.
The roof just vibrated from the thunder, I may consider turning of the computer now !! :scared:

Old Nov 9th 2004, 3:39 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
A good point.

Some info here: http://www.thisplace.com.au/priceguide/lawnmowers.htm
on the types of lawnmowers available, and prices, in Australia.
The roof just vibrated from the thunder, I may consider turning of the computer now !! :scared:

Yep, our windows do too - not surprising considering whats coming in! http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR502.loop.shtml
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

agree 100% I wish we had brought ours too
Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:32 am
rudo1ph

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Yep, our windows do too - not surprising considering whats coming in! http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR502.loop.shtml

Cool site!!! Have bookmarked the Sydney version - now I will know when to put my washing out / get it in!!!

Old Nov 9th 2004, 4:36 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by rudo1ph
Cool site!!! Have bookmarked the Sydney version - now I will know when to put my washing out / get it in!!!

Yep, I'm almost as addicted to that one as I am this one at the moment!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Hi Surfdude,

One week too late, (story of my life) our fairly new lawn mower is sitting in a friends shed cos no one wanted to buy it so I gave it to her. Was worried about customs so didn't bother and shippers left last Wednesday.

Never mind but thanks anyway, all info is good for someone.

Lindsey
Old Nov 9th 2004, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Excellent! Thank you for posting this. Hubby and I have been debating continually about this subject. He wanted to sell it and buy a brand new one! I said 'just clean the blasted thing'. Well he tried with the jet spray thingy on the weekend and was thrilled with the result. It still needs a scrub and disinfected but I think he's convinced now. But posts like this really do help.