Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Don't chuck yer woolly jumpers

Wikiposts

Don't chuck yer woolly jumpers

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 5:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Yup - you can have someone standing outside and someone inside and you can have a conversation without opening windows or doors. Pretty crappy. Another thing with the layout of houses being open plan mostly is that the heat escapes all over the place. Many people have cottoned on and are putting doors in.

Also in the toilet you have to have a mesh bit on the top of the window which isn't covered and you get a force 10 gale through it. (okay if someone has done a smelly pooh!!)

Diane
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

lynn kennedy is an unknown quantity at this point

Dianne,
I think you should have your own site!! i stopped checking this one our for a while cos it was just slagging oz off constantly but you seem to have cheered it up again and bought back others with you. We arrived last July and the kids were in the sea constantly. I don't know if we are acclimatised but i swear it was no where near this cold (even at night) last year!

Just bought our first pair of ugg boots, feel like real ozzies now!

lynn
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 5:37 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lynn kennedy
Dianne,
I think you should have your own site!! i stopped checking this one our for a while cos it was just slagging oz off constantly but you seem to have cheered it up again and bought back others with you. We arrived last July and the kids were in the sea constantly. I don't know if we are acclimatised but i swear it was no where near this cold (even at night) last year!

Just bought our first pair of ugg boots, feel like real ozzies now!

lynn
Perth has Christmas in July for a good reason its Mid Winter , the beaches empty after end of April because the nights get cooler so does the sea .
The locals talk of peoples blood thining not so its a mind thing.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lynn kennedy
Dianne,
I think you should have your own site!! i stopped checking this one our for a while cos it was just slagging oz off constantly but you seem to have cheered it up again and bought back others with you.

awwww!!! shucks!! Thanks chuck.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 6:09 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ

awwww!!! shucks!! Thanks chuck.

You Leicester girls can charm the best of them , me duck.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

'ay up! I was a right hit down "The Palais De Dance".

Only Joking - I was a goth in my younger days. Do they have goths in Australia? I will be most dissapointed if I can't disown (how do you spell that?) my kids when they are older like me ma did to me.

Diane (emotionally destroyed due to no nosepeircing but managed to hide 2 tattoos from mumsie for 10 yrs)
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 6:21 pm
Banned

Originally posted by DianeOZ
'ay up! I was a right hit down "The Palais De Dance".

Only Joking - I was a goth in my younger days. Do they have goths in Australia? I will be most dissapointed if I can't disown (how do you spell that?) my kids when they are older like me ma did to me.

Diane (emotionally destroyed due to no nosepeircing but managed to hide 2 tattoos from mumsie for 10 yrs)

Had a miss spent youth in the "The Palais De Dance". , that was down Humberstone Gate I seem to remember , two floors of wall to wall crackers , early 70s it was in time to be a Skinhead now age has made me one again.

Old Jul 4th 2003, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't chuck yer woolly jumpers

Originally posted by dotty
Dont feel bad about it, you make up for some of the wonderful posters who have given up here.

Love winter here, its funny summers the bit I dread, love the cool crisp winter tho, admit people think I am odd in the Uk as I find their " heatwaves" very chilly, like I am the only one wearing a jumper. Cant say I ever got used to anything above 34 tho.

You might like Canada Dotty, cool crisp winters (dont get much snow anymore like we use to). but the summers are warm 28c so far this year, The fall is so beautiful with the trees turning colour.
(this is in British columbia inland)......