Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

don’t know if it is all worth it

don’t know if it is all worth it

Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of
Exclamation don’t know if it is all worth it

Here goes

We started looking into moving to Australia about 4 years ago and went on holiday to see what it was like and to help us make up our mind if we really wanted to go or not. We travelled from Sydney up to cairns and over 3 weeks had a really good time. We met some of my partners distant family in Brisbane and had a nice time, we also stayed at Hervey bay and liked that area.
As soon as we got back from the hols we started the visa process, I’m a carpenter so we went for the 136 skilled independent. It took some time but we got the visa no problems. So we put the house up for sale and I started applying for jobs, pretty some we had a buyer for the house and I had got a job on the gold coast. Then just as we where about to exchange contracts they pulled out (ahhhhh). We had already booked flights and arranged shipment of all out things, gutted. Luckily we had paid extra insurance just incase we had to cancel the shipment but we had to use the flights because it was now the 20th Aug and we had to validate the visas before the 16th Sept.
We went to Auz and had another 3 week holiday, again meeting family and I went to meet my future boss as he was very understanding about the house falling through (1st time) and said he would hold the job for me.
When we go back to the Uk we had another buyer and started going through the motions again only to be let down twice more.
Three sales fallen through and one year later we were starting to think about giving up. Then someone put another offer on the house in Jan 2008, things seem to be going OK with the house and we are hoping to exchange this week, but I no longer have the job that I was offered as my employer gave up after the last time the house fall through, so we have no idea where about in Auz we are heading to.
We liked Hervey bay and Brisbane but don’t know what to do or where to go.
My farther in law is hoping to emigrate to Auz and will be looking at getting a sponsor in a regional area so we are now starting to sway towards Hervey bay but nothing is definite
After all the ups and downs its starting to take its toll on us and now we just don’t know if it is all worth it. I keep telling myself and my partner that it is worth it, but its really getting to us now
Anyway that’s how its been for us,
Lee

P.S. And to top it all off I now have some grey hairs (Ahhhhhhhhhh)
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough
Default Re: don’t know if it is all worth it

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Here goes

We started looking into moving to Australia about 4 years ago and went on holiday to see what it was like and to help us make up our mind if we really wanted to go or not. We travelled from Sydney up to cairns and over 3 weeks had a really good time. We met some of my partners distant family in Brisbane and had a nice time, we also stayed at Hervey bay and liked that area.
As soon as we got back from the hols we started the visa process, I’m a carpenter so we went for the 136 skilled independent. It took some time but we got the visa no problems. So we put the house up for sale and I started applying for jobs, pretty some we had a buyer for the house and I had got a job on the gold coast. Then just as we where about to exchange contracts they pulled out (ahhhhh). We had already booked flights and arranged shipment of all out things, gutted. Luckily we had paid extra insurance just incase we had to cancel the shipment but we had to use the flights because it was now the 20th Aug and we had to validate the visas before the 16th Sept.
We went to Auz and had another 3 week holiday, again meeting family and I went to meet my future boss as he was very understanding about the house falling through (1st time) and said he would hold the job for me.
When we go back to the Uk we had another buyer and started going through the motions again only to be let down twice more.
Three sales fallen through and one year later we were starting to think about giving up. Then someone put another offer on the house in Jan 2008, things seem to be going OK with the house and we are hoping to exchange this week, but I no longer have the job that I was offered as my employer gave up after the last time the house fall through, so we have no idea where about in Auz we are heading to.
We liked Hervey bay and Brisbane but don’t know what to do or where to go.
My farther in law is hoping to emigrate to Auz and will be looking at getting a sponsor in a regional area so we are now starting to sway towards Hervey bay but nothing is definite
After all the ups and downs its starting to take its toll on us and now we just don’t know if it is all worth it. I keep telling myself and my partner that it is worth it, but its really getting to us now
Anyway that’s how its been for us,
Lee

P.S. And to top it all off I now have some grey hairs (Ahhhhhhhhhh)
sounds like u are having a total nitemare with the house sales - whereabouts in Hull are you? were u affected by the floods as well? have you thought about renting the house out and moving now? or selling at a lower amount for a quick sale? my mum is in hull and has all this to look forward to - her CPV visa currently in processing. she is worried that the floods may mean that new buyers can't get insurance for houses in hull
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

We where not affected by the floods just have a lot of bad look. we are in east hull
Lee
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

donovandenese will become famous soon enough

We where not affected by the floods just have a lot of bad look. we are in east hull
Lee
its crazy the way you can think you have sold your house then the buyer pulls out for one reason or another...it shouldn't be allowed. you must feel like giving up..especially with all the stories about house prices starting to fall etc
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: don’t know if it is all worth it

After all the ups and downs its starting to take its toll on us and now we just don’t know if it is all worth it.
Then it probably isn't.

Stay in the UK and get your life back to normal.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

This terrified us. And as some may have seen on other threads we got a "buyer" from a local landlord who buys to let. But he has started being a bit iffy and we suspect that because he knows our situation, will wait till the last second and say he can only offer x.
Well, in the end we have decided to sell to one of these companies that gauruntee to buy your house. We are getting less than the market value, but given there are three of my neighbours whose houses are for sale for the same price and havent had a viewing for over three months, i arent that bothered.
I have a job to start and we couldnt even afford the flights without the house sale, so had to take it.
Keep your chin up, from what i have read on here, getting another good job offer when you get out there with your skills wont be too big an issue
Old Mar 25th 2008, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Then it probably isn't.

Stay in the UK and get your life back to normal.
I can tell empathy is not one of you best qualities
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

mike-Ju will become famous soon enoughmike-Ju will become famous soon enough

Do you think fate is trying to tell you something or do you believe youve just had the most amazing bad luck, ever?

I think once youve signed over that damn house and got over there, you'll find a job settle down and laugh about it all, sitting by the barbie with a tinnie or two.

Just believe in your dream

Good luck

Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

What terrible bad luck! We first looked into emigrating 10 years ago and now are eventually doing it with the attitude of if we dont try it we will always regret it! We are also going out without jobs but are confident we will get them (hubby is a tradie) & remember you got offered one before. So dont give up now just go for it! Good Luck
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:39 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

a hell of a lot of people are having trouble selling houses, it's not just you.

hang in there.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

kkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant futurekkwall36 has a brilliant future

Hi,

We had similar issues with house sales, all be it not as bad.

My wife and I have taken the view that we have made our decision and are goin for it regardless. We will find out in due time if it is right or wrong??

The thing that would get me, is 5-10yrs down the line, if we did'nt do it. What would we be thinking??

Worst comes to the worst we can always come back.

We are realistic, and it lifestyle and life quality that we are looking for. We dont expect the streets to be paved with gold, or for us to have better jobs or bigger house or cars.

Just a better family life, with less hassle will be nice.

We move in 3 weeks, so we are still very much in the butterflies in our stomach, is this the right move or not situation. But my instinct tells me to give it a try.

All the best whatever your decision happens to be.

Kenny
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:01 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lee&Jade;6109428]Here goes

but I no longer have the job that I was offered as my employer gave up after the last time the house fall through, so we have no idea where about in Auz we are heading to.

Would it be worth getting back in touch with him once the house is definitely sold? He may have another job available.
If you want to go then don't give up. Fate isn't trying to tell you anything - it's just a run of bad luck.
We've all had problems with house selling - just look at the Whinging pom house seller thread

Good luck
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Kapri;6110651]
Here goes

but I no longer have the job that I was offered as my employer gave up after the last time the house fall through, so we have no idea where about in Auz we are heading to.

Would it be worth getting back in touch with him once the house is definitely sold? He may have another job available.
If you want to go then don't give up. Fate isn't trying to tell you anything - it's just a run of bad luck.
We've all had problems with house selling - just look at the Whinging pom house seller thread

Good luck
I'd say hang in there.
With all due respect to Hull when it's Hull v's Brisbane it's not that tough a decision is it?

Selling a house is stressful enough at the best of times let alone when there is so much else riding on the sale.
Hang in there someone will buy it and then you can go for it.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:18 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there, hope your house sale goes through this time. We are putting ours up for sale next week I would give it a go but at the end of the day its your decision. Will you regret it years down the line if you dont try? Get back in touch with the employer when the house is sold, he may have something then. Good luck, let us know how you go on, Marks a carpenter too

Joex
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:33 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
a hell of a lot of people are having trouble selling houses, it's not just you.

hang in there.
I agree with sheff-sparky hang on in there guys im sure it'll be worth it in the end

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.