Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Domestic flights

Domestic flights

Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:00 pm
Now an expat!

MonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really niceMonkeyBoySteve is just really nice
Question Domestic flights

I am thinking of booking a couple of domestic flights for when I go on my reccie in March, I have found some quite cheap for Sydney to Melbourne and a later dates Melbourne to Bribane then Brisbane to Sydney, these are all with Quantas, but I was wondering if its a good idea to book them in advance on Quantas site, indeed, am I allowed to book on Quantas site, not being in Aus? Or should I just leave it till I'm there? Maybe cheaper or more? Any comments welcome on the subject.
P.S. I have also looked at trains, whilst being an interesting way to travel, it would take up to much of my limited time in Aus, so trains out of the question really.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Domestic flights

Originally Posted by MonkeyBoySteve
I am thinking of booking a couple of domestic flights for when I go on my reccie in March, I have found some quite cheap for Sydney to Melbourne and a later dates Melbourne to Bribane then Brisbane to Sydney, these are all with Quantas, but I was wondering if its a good idea to book them in advance on Quantas site, indeed, am I allowed to book on Quantas site, not being in Aus? Or should I just leave it till I'm there? Maybe cheaper or more? Any comments welcome on the subject.
P.S. I have also looked at trains, whilst being an interesting way to travel, it would take up to much of my limited time in Aus, so trains out of the question really.
Book in advance with Jetstar or QANTAS. Cheaper.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Or with Virgin. Cheaper than Qantas and the service Adelaide to Melbourne was very good. I don't think it matters if you book in advance or the day before. The prices are pretty much the same.
As for train, haven't done it but would love to take the train that goes from Adelaide to Perth. One of the ladies I work with took her elderly father last month and they loved it.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Domestic flights

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Or with Virgin. Cheaper than Qantas and the service Adelaide to Melbourne was very good. I don't think it matters if you book in advance or the day before. The prices are pretty much the same.
As for train, haven't done it but would love to take the train that goes from Adelaide to Perth. One of the ladies I work with took her elderly father last month and they loved it.

We booked ALL our internal flight: Brissie-Cairns return/Brissie-Melbourne then Mel to Bne back in the Uk. We used Jetstar and Virgin Blue. The sooner you book the cheeper it is. We had to change one flight over here and it cost another 300 Au$
All the best
D and K
Old Dec 31st 2006, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

We booked internal flights for our reccie last year and they £240 for eight flights and this was with virgin blue. I agree with OP the sooner they are booked the better the price and it doesn't matter if your in the uk when you book them over the internet.

Ali
Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:22 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Domestic flights

Originally Posted by Alison1967
We booked internal flights for our reccie last year and they £240 for eight flights and this was with virgin blue. I agree with OP the sooner they are booked the better the price and it doesn't matter if your in the uk when you book them over the internet.

Ali
If you book with Virgin Blue you get a discount with Europcar. For me this amounted to almost what the plane ticket cost - in effect a free flight!

Buzzy