Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dollar seems to be weakening again.

Dollar seems to be weakening again.

Old Apr 20th 2006, 3:45 pm
yeah but no but

glennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of lightglennandkate is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dollar seems to be weakening again.

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Can anyone suggest a broker to forward buy currency?
I had a look at hifx and ozforex today and hifx is offering the best rate
Old Apr 20th 2006, 4:04 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glennandkate
I had a look at hifx and ozforex today and hifx is offering the best rate
used commonwealth bank all the same facilities good rates and they open an aussie account to forward all your money to.

current ozforex rate on 100k
customer rate AUD 0.4162 (2.4028) you get AUD 240,280.00

interbank rate 0.4144 (2.4133)

http://www.ozforex.com.au/cgi-bin/sellQuotes.asp

Last edited by steve`o; Apr 20th 2006 at 4:07 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:10 pm
Anyone seen my coat???

chopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nice

You can ask your UK bank to txfr the money, i know Barclays will do it for £35.00 quick transfer.

Cheers'en.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 5:14 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chopper boy
You can ask your UK bank to txfr the money, i know Barclays will do it for £35.00 quick transfer.

Cheers'en.
just watch the rates that they offer though usually very poor compared to
ozforex etc
i asked our bankers natwest, but the rate offered was laughable
4 or 5 cents off interbank rate

regards steve
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:06 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Can anyone suggest a broker to forward buy currency?
Thanks everyone, will give those suggested a try.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

lian and jon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
used commonwealth bank all the same facilities good rates and they open an aussie account to forward all your money to.

current ozforex rate on 100k
customer rate AUD 0.4162 (2.4028) you get AUD 240,280.00

interbank rate 0.4144 (2.4133)

http://www.ozforex.com.au/cgi-bin/sellQuotes.asp
Steve,

Been thinking about Commonwealth bank but was not sure if they had the same rip-off rates that High Street banks do.

How do they compare with say ozforex or hifix?
What are the pros and cons? Any advice comments welcome as we are about to set up banking and transfers for our move to Perth on 20th May.

Thanks,

Jon
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

sinsbury family will become famous soon enough

The metals(gold/silver etc)got hammered today on the markets.Could be the start of some bigs falls after some very big runups in commodities. If this happens it will almost certainly adversely affect the commodity currencies such as the South African rand,kiwi dollar and the aussie. I am certainly going to wait and hope for further weakness in the aussie dollar.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 8:58 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by lian and jon
Steve,

Been thinking about Commonwealth bank but was not sure if they had the same rip-off rates that High Street banks do.

How do they compare with say ozforex or hifix?
What are the pros and cons? Any advice comments welcome as we are about to set up banking and transfers for our move to Perth on 20th May.

Thanks,

Jon
very similar rates to OzForex or HIFX
( you now someone will say differently dont you )
we got 1.3 cents below interbank rate
which is there or there abouts and i was happy with

i just found it easier
i opened an account at London gave them my deposit 10%
my instructions ie dont change a penny without my permission
waited till the rate was suitable called my relationship manager and agreed a rate over the phone with full payment date again agreed over the phone
the moneys changed and deposited in an high interest rate in Aus til you get there and start spending ( rate was 5.2% when i asked )

to date its all worked very efficiently as i`m the other companies do

regards Steve
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick_newcastle
Even that small amount equates to £200 for a transfer of £100,000

Mick if I had the £100,000 I wouldn't care about an extra £200 lol
Old Apr 20th 2006, 9:50 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

This is who we used. They gave brilliant service and their charge was tiny and you can watch the rate go up and down and click when its at a rate you are happy with.

They let you make up an account for a trial so you can see how it works. I know others that have used it and been very happy.

H