Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Doing The Right Thing

Doing The Right Thing

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 11:05 pm
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Kopites will become famous soon enoughKopites will become famous soon enough
Question Doing The Right Thing

Hi,boxes packed,moving on thursday,sale of the house go's though on friday,just hope this is worth it,Aus is a big step,taking 2 kids,and i no they will have no worriers when they settle[school,friends ,missing family etc]but i supose when you get to my age[42 next week] you worry about silly things.Sorry about having a we wing,but at this stage i am really scared.Igot word today i got a career break,so i am so lucky if it all goes wrong at least i have a good and well paid job to come back 2,but then i 4got why i wanted to go to Aus.Only time will tell,but i'm going to give it a go,at lease it will be a great holiday and if it works out happy days,and if not at least i give it a go. Thanks for listening
Cheers Andy
Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:40 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doing The Right Thing

Hey Andy - This is par for the course, its step 7 or something ;-)

The anxiety you go through in the last 7 days before getting on the plane is far far greater than the 7 mths beforehand, then about 24 hrs before it turns into that holiday excitement and its all fun from there on in.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kopites
Hi,boxes packed,moving on thursday,sale of the house go's though on friday,just hope this is worth it,Aus is a big step,taking 2 kids,and i no they will have no worriers when they settle[school,friends ,missing family etc]but i supose when you get to my age[42 next week] you worry about silly things.Sorry about having a we wing,but at this stage i am really scared.Igot word today i got a career break,so i am so lucky if it all goes wrong at least i have a good and well paid job to come back 2,but then i 4got why i wanted to go to Aus.Only time will tell,but i'm going to give it a go,at lease it will be a great holiday and if it works out happy days,and if not at least i give it a go. Thanks for listening
Cheers Andy
G'day Andy!

Jeepers creepers! Reading your post was like being on a rollercoaster! :scared: So many worries! Try to chill out! You are thinking too hard about 'what-ifs'! You have to just go with the flow at this stage and come to Australia with an 'open mind'.

It will be worth it - only a few people out of hundreds go back (no corrections plse)! These thoughts go through almost everybodys mind taking the 'big step' to emigrate to another country - but at the end of the day - it takes a hell of a lot of effort, planning, soul searching to get to the stage you are already at - so it is time to CHILL OUT and STAY COOL

Try to start enjoying the experience - you are one of the lucky ones to have sold your house! So come on stop that worrying

Good luck for your new life in Australia - you'll be fine m8!

Take care

Gill
Old Jun 24th 2005, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

It's the things that you don't do that you end up regretting most! Give it a go, and if it doesn't work out for you, then so what. At least you tried it. It may well be the best move you ever made. There's only one way you're going to find out...

All the best to ya....

Jamie
Old Jun 24th 2005, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by spalen
Hey Andy - This is par for the course, its step 7 or something ;-)

The anxiety you go through in the last 7 days before getting on the plane is far far greater than the 7 mths beforehand, then about 24 hrs before it turns into that holiday excitement and its all fun from there on in.
I know I got anxious before we went as well. Good luck you will be fine. I reckon you have the right attitude, see it as a big adventure.

Katie
Old Jun 24th 2005, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure you will bw fine. I was so excited before we came but on about our 3rd night here I had this overwhelming feeling of "what have I done!!." This soon passed though and we are settling well.
You are bound to be nervous at some point, I wish you well in your adventure.
Old Jun 25th 2005, 6:05 pm
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Kopites will become famous soon enoughKopites will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mand8002
I am sure you will bw fine. I was so excited before we came but on about our 3rd night here I had this overwhelming feeling of "what have I done!!." This soon passed though and we are settling well.
You are bound to be nervous at some point, I wish you well in your adventure.
Thanks for all the replys,had a house sale todat,went well,but looking around the house,most of the things packed or sold,its happening and i got to be positive so im going to give it one hell off a go
Cheers
Andy
Old Jun 25th 2005, 6:31 pm
stevenpoole9

[QUOTE=Kopites]Thanks for all the replys,had a house sale todat,went well,but looking around the house,most of the things packed or sold,its happening and i got to be positive so im going to give it one hell off a go
Cheers
Andy[/QUOTE
I know what you mean our visa application has been going on for over 3 years and now our house sale is due to be completed on 24th July. I am trying to stay positive but i cant help feeling sad.At times i struggle to see why we are doing it. We will go now and i think it is normal to feel this way as it is such a huge unsettlement, so keep feeling positive because at least you will have given it a go and for that you will have no regrets, Tracey