Reload this Page >

The dogs on his way!!

The dogs on his way!!

Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Location: isle of man,british isles,soon to be portland,victoria
linzib is on a distinguished road
Unhappy The dogs on his way!!

Well we dropped our dog off yesterday at the kennels in bristol, where he will stay for a week before he flys off to melbourne on the 26th. It was a horrible journey, as we currently live in the isle of man so it was 12 hours travel.
He went off with the kennel assistant like he hadn't a care in the world, while me and my husband were heartbroken. I can only liken it to taking your kid to school on their first day. They told me not to worry and he'll be fine.
In total it cost just over £2,600, as he is a big dog(white german sheperd).
the company is overhill kennels in bristol,www.overhill.co.uk and I'll let you know how good they were once I see him again in OZ, but up to now they have been great.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

ajax4779 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The dogs on his way!!

Originally Posted by linzib

Well we dropped our dog off yesterday at the kennels in bristol, where he will stay for a week before he flys off to melbourne on the 26th. It was a horrible journey, as we currently live in the isle of man so it was 12 hours travel.
He went off with the kennel assistant like he hadn't a care in the world, while me and my husband were heartbroken. I can only liken it to taking your kid to school on their first day. They told me not to worry and he'll be fine.
In total it cost just over £2,600, as he is a big dog(white german sheperd).
the company is overhill kennels in bristol,www.overhill.co.uk and I'll let you know how good they were once I see him again in OZ, but up to now they have been great.
I look forward to hearing how your dog is and how he gets on with Quarantine although he is traveling at the best time of year as he will not have to put up with the heat of summer while still incarcerated.
My three dogs will be traveling in June/july and although i know they will be ok as they did the journey from Melbourne to Heathrow 4 years ago i am still worried as they are now 4 years older and 30 days quarantine is a long time.
I am useing James cargo and quote was very reasonable.
Good luck.