Wikiposts

Dog Question

Old Jan 21st 2006, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Dog Question

Me and the girls and working on Jed so we can take our pet goldie to Oz. He thinks it is unfair and too costly blah blah blah. However I got a question about vaccinations (partly due to Anne's nightmare recently!!). Our dog, Murphy, is due for his booster this month - is there anything I need to bear in mind for migration purposes?
Old Jan 21st 2006, 11:44 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog Question

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Me and the girls and working on Jed so we can take our pet goldie to Oz. He thinks it is unfair and too costly blah blah blah. However I got a question about vaccinations (partly due to Anne's nightmare recently!!). Our dog, Murphy, is due for his booster this month - is there anything I need to bear in mind for migration purposes?

Hi Rooks

You have to make sure she is given the booster without the leptosperosis part I believe!! As it stays in there system for quite a while !!

Im sure someone else wwill know more!!

Kris xx
Old Jan 21st 2006, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi Rooks

You have to make sure she is given the booster without the leptosperosis part I believe!! As it stays in there system for quite a while !!

Im sure someone else wwill know more!!

Kris xx
Ahhhhh!! thanks mate. i am looking at his record now and i can see he had that last time "Lepto 2" - i imagine that must be it!??!! Rightio - thanks a bundle.

still got to work on Jed though He also thinks it will be difficult to get rented accommodation with a hulking great Golden Retriever
Old Jan 21st 2006, 11:57 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhhh!! thanks mate. i am looking at his record now and i can see he had that last time "Lepto 2" - i imagine that must be it!??!! Rightio - thanks a bundle.

still got to work on Jed though He also thinks it will be difficult to get rented accommodation with a hulking great Golden Retriever

Check out some rentals first that take pets he wont have that excuse then!!

Must admit I wish id put my foot down and made Rob wait til we got there before gettin our Pup wouldnt be without her now just would have made life easier thats the other reason we cant go til June rather than Easter(if we get the bloody visa)

Kris xx
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:01 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

He's right, far too costly, give him to Pete Burns he,l make good use of the dog
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:06 am
Happy Member

Originally Posted by paulf
He's right, far too costly, give him to Pete Burns he,l make good use of the dog

Oooh thats nasty letting the poor dog anywhere near pete!!

Kris xx
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:13 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Oooh thats nasty letting the poor dog anywhere near pete!!

Kris xx
When Pete's finished with it, at least he,l recycle and get a new coat from fido
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:14 am
Happy Member

Originally Posted by paulf
When Pete's finished with it, at least he,l recycle and get a new coat from fido

:scared: :scared:
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:18 am
?????????

:scared: :scared:
There was a movie based on his life you know, cant remember what it was called but it had 101 in the title
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Gill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant futureGill C has a brilliant future

Hi

Its costly, but they are family,maybe you should leave Jed at home.

I brought 2 dogs over. You need to liase with you ve on this one its the lepto that causes the problems I had 1 of mine done for lepto in Dec 04 with the intention of coming here in Oct. I came in Nov and the dogs still prove positive for lepto but that's ok they just have to have asecond blood test to prove that thelevels have not risen. Timing is the main thing with dogs the vet has to work backwards from the date thatthey are flying. All the detail of what you require are on the AQIS web site,you can download the import permit and quarantine details. There's no quarantine in Brisbane so if you are moving there you canhave a 30 day holiday inMelbourne, Sydney or Perth.

My dogs love it over here.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Hi Rooksie

Kris is right.

Going to see how much it is going to cost us for our 2 dogs vaccinations and blood tests on Wednesday :scared:
Told the people who are dealing with our dogs about this and they wrote the vet a note saying

NOT TO DO LEPTOSPUROSIS IF BOOSTERS ARE REQUIRED.

Hope that helps

Beth

Last edited by zbettyboop; Jan 22nd 2006 at 12:14 pm.