Dog passport

Old May 28th 2010, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice
Lightbulb Dog passport

Hi there

Does anyone know how much it would cost for your pet dog to be flown over to Aus from the UK?

Thanks

Bonnie
Old May 28th 2010, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dog passport

Originally Posted by BonnieH
Hi there

Does anyone know how much it would cost for your pet dog to be flown over to Aus from the UK?

Thanks

Bonnie
It depends upon what type of dog it is, or rather, how big the dog is as cost is very dependent upon size of container required.

I have two cats, which will require a reasonably large container and that will be about £2k, excluding quarantine station fees.

I got my quote from Airpets, fill in an inline form and they will get back to you within a day or two.
Old May 28th 2010, 10:51 pm
Trust me.... I'm a nurse.

Nurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really nice

Hi Bonnie,
We migrated from the UK to Oz in November last year. We have no children but 2 very large maincoon cats (10.5Kgs each) who are essentially our family! We used Airpets to organise the export. They were brilliant..... but not the cheapest. We chose them because we got a good feeling about them above the other agancies we contacted. They sorted flights, veterinary stuff and quarantine in Aus. There are only 3 quarantine stations here. We had to put the 'boys' in quarantine in Sydney but we have settled in Brisbane. After completing their 30 day jail term they flew from Sydney to Brisbane to meet us. We also flew down to visit them 4 times in Quarantine! We applied for our own australian import permits using DEFRA in the UK and organised vaccines and documents with our own vet. With everything included to give us piece of mind it cost us $6,500 and it was money well spent. It was incredibly stressful, but they love it here and they have kept us company during the lonely times. They coped amazingly well and I would encourage anyone who has reasonably fit, young and healthy animals as well as the financial resources to bring their pets with them.

Last edited by Nurse-Tom; May 28th 2010 at 11:08 pm.
Old May 28th 2010, 11:04 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It depends upon what type of dog it is, or rather, how big the dog is as cost is very dependent upon size of container required.

I have two cats, which will require a reasonably large container and that will be about £2k, excluding quarantine station fees.

I got my quote from Airpets, fill in an inline form and they will get back to you within a day or two.
Holy Buddha,2k for a couple of moggies
Old May 28th 2010, 11:06 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nurse-Tom
Hi Bonnie,
We migrated from the UK to Oz in November last year. We have no children but 2 very large maincoon cats (10.5Kgs each) who are essentially our family! We used Airpets to organise the export. They were brilliant..... but not the cheapest. We chose them because we got a good feeling about them above the other agancies we contacted. They sorted flights, veterinary stuff and quarantine in Aus. There are only 3 quarantine stations here. We had to put the 'boys' in quarantine in Sydney but we have settled in Brisbane. We applied for our own australian import permits using DEFRA in the UK and organised vaccines and documents with our own vet. With everything included to give us piece of mind it cost us $6,500 and it was money well spent. It was incredibly stressful, but they love it here and they have kept us company during the lonely times. They coped amazingly well and I would encourage anyone who has reasonably fit, young and healthy pets as well as the financial resources to bring their pets with them.
Holy Buddha AND jesus himself 6,500 quid,are you people nuts
Old May 28th 2010, 11:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
For goodness sake don't YOU be tempted to get any pets to bring back with you
Old May 28th 2010, 11:13 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Pollyana
For goodness sake don't YOU be tempted to get any pets to bring back with you
First time i went to OZ i was worried cause someone told me i couldn't bring me nuts into the country
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Holy Buddha,2k for a couple of moggies
Moggies?!!

Billy and Edward come from very distinguished lines. They won't like being referred to as moggies you know.
Trust me.... I'm a nurse.

Nurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really niceNurse-Tom is just really nice

Not £..... $! Still not much better but hey, who else can you rely on to wreck the furniture and carpets while you're at work?
Old May 28th 2010, 11:18 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

First time i went to OZ i was worried cause someone told me i couldn't bring me nuts into the country
I dread to think what you did with them

Moggies?!!

Billy and Edward come from very distinguished lines. They won't like being referred to as moggies you know.
Poor pussy cats, will they send him hate mail?
Must say I'm always stunned at the cost. I can understand why people pay it, but its sooooo expensie, isn't it.
Old May 28th 2010, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Poor pussy cats, will they send him hate mail?
Must say I'm always stunned at the cost. I can understand why people pay it, but its sooooo expensie, isn't it.
Its possible, or worse. I have just found a picture of one of my boys online, pedigree name "Falabella Jack Sparrow". Mean looking guy isn't he?

http://www.falabellapersians.co.uk/BEGIN.htm

It is very expensive, but we could not bear the thought of re-homing them and also I think it will help us to have them around because they are a part of our family.

Billy lived in Bermuda with us for two years as well, he is going to be one of the best travelled cats in the world. It is particularly expensive if you come back to the UK and have not included one piece of paperwork because BA tell you it is not necessary. It cost us £20 AN HOUR whilst we tried to sort it out and we were still in Bermuda so was not easy.
Old May 28th 2010, 11:33 pm
Home and Happy

Its possible, or worse. I have just found a picture of one of my boys online, pedigree name "Falabella Jack Sparrow". Mean looking guy isn't he?

http://www.falabellapersians.co.uk/BEGIN.htm

It is very expensive, but we could not bear the thought of re-homing them and also I think it will help us to have them around because they are a part of our family.

Billy lived in Bermuda with us for two years as well, he is going to be one of the best travelled cats in the world. It is particularly expensive if you come back to the UK and have not included one piece of paperwork because BA tell you it is not necessary. It cost us £20 AN HOUR whilst we tried to sort it out and we were still in Bermuda so was not easy.
Awwwwwww, he's gorgeous
Old May 29th 2010, 1:32 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

For us, it just wasn't an option not to bring the doggies. It would have been like leaving one of the kids behind. Hmm... it would have been worse than leaving one of the teenagers behind

We were lucky that the only thing we had to pay for ourselves was to get the dogs out here, Himself's employer picked up all the other costs. Just as well - think it came to about GBP5k for the two of them.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

BonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really niceBonnieH is just really nice

Thanks everyone for your help....

That is mega bucks!!! but can totally understand why, as they are part of the family!!

Me and the OH were thinking about getting a dog over in the UK as our visas are taking forever.....but now that I know it's going to cost a lot of $$$ to ship them over there I may have wait a little longer for my basset hound and get one in oz instead. Wish this blummin visa would hurry up!!

Thanks again guys! x
Old Jun 1st 2010, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

It's cheaper to ship kids over.

Glad we don't have any pets.