dog lovers

Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:50 pm
Pen
Just Joined

Pen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dog lovers

I really need some help has anyone shipped a dog over recently to Australia I have a large dog Great Dane and want to know how it works has anyone got any information or experience at all with this kind of thing.

Animals don't they just Stress you out !!!!!!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:00 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: dog lovers

Originally posted by Pen
I really need some help has anyone shipped a dog over recently to Australia I have a large dog Great Dane and want to know how it works has anyone got any information or experience at all with this kind of thing.

Have you tried that search yet?
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:02 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice

Originally posted by Pen
I really need some help has anyone shipped a dog over recently to Australia
http://www.hartill.net/Aus/pets.html
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:03 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+dog+australia

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+dog+australia
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:13 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pen, we have just got two quotes for taking oscar to Adelaide with us (he's a mongrel about the size of a lab) and it'll cost about £1675.00 for shipping, import lic, dogbox, airfair etc plus another $800 for 30 days quarantine in Melboune. add to that a few jabs and blood tests before we go...all in all worth every penny for a dog lover. Let me know if you want details of the companys we tried
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Davenshell is an unknown quantity at this point

please make sure your dog gets a thorough medical before he comes over our, border collie Buddy was taken seriously ill while in quarantine in Melbourne and we had to make the desicion to have him put to sleep while we were still in the UK.The illness was incurable but could have been picked up earlier but the final outcome would have still have been the same.At the moment unpacking his stuff with tears in our eyes
Dave and Shell.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:14 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

PLEASE do a search for this info there was a good thread about the size of the boxes for the poor animals.

The size estimation of this dog was cement two great danes together and he found that only one company offered a crate large enough (he tested it by blocking the dog in the measured space behind a settee and most of the crates would not let the dog lay down.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:48 am
Just Joined

LissyP is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile

Hi Pen

Our labrador Casey flew out to Perth last Thursday. Her going rated as one of the worst days ever

We fly over on the 5th Nov by which time she will be almost half way through quarentine. We have emailed Byford Quartentine Station and they were quick to reply and reassure me that Casey had arrived and was fine. I also made some requests re: her feeding and they seemed happy to oblige.We can visit her daily when we arrive.

We used PAr AIr - a company in Colchester. Cost so far with blood tests etc £1,500 but there will be costs at the other end. The paperwork is quite confusing (to me at least) and you have to time the blood tests etc right, but the company we used made it all clear to us.

If you want any other info - please email me.
Good Luck Lis
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

our hound taz is leaving on nov 17th for perth, we are using airpets they do everything, all you have to do is take the dog to the vet on the day airpets recommend and have the blood tests done and get them treated with frontline and some stuff squirted up their nose (he loved that!) then take the dog and his paper work to airpets when they say and thats it, we decided that we had enough hassle organising everything else that we left everything re the dog to the experts, so far they have been great, answered all my stupid questions and i'm sure it will all be plain sailing, taz of course may not agree.

Lynn
Old Oct 28th 2003, 7:53 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Davenshell
please make sure your dog gets a thorough medical before he comes over our, border collie Buddy was taken seriously ill while in quarantine in Melbourne and we had to make the desicion to have him put to sleep while we were still in the UK.The illness was incurable but could have been picked up earlier but the final outcome would have still have been the same.At the moment unpacking his stuff with tears in our eyes
Dave and Shell.

Sorry to hear about Buddy. It has been something that Perry and I have talked about for quite sometime now. Cracker the lighter bassett in our pic is twelve and a half years old lumpy, back legs don't work that well and he has a heart condition. We are not leaving until next october and the vet is already aware of this and feels that he will be ok for the move if his conditions remain the same. We don't want to have him put down before we go but we also know there is the possiblity of being in the same situation as you. Pets seem to increase stress when making such a big move in knowing what is right for them. Bella the other bassett in pic passed away in july she was the one that we both felt sure would be coming with us as she was the fitter of the two .
Sarah
Old Oct 28th 2003, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Default Dogs

We are taking our 2 labradors with us and I wondered, will they be together in the same crate or have to be seperate.

I dread to think how much it is going to cost us but our son will be devestated if we leave them behind. I reacon it will cost us about 3 grand in total what do you think?

Mandy
Old Oct 28th 2003, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

well we are almost 2k all told for our 1 labrador.

Lynn
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:06 pm
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ticks and Snakes - Dogs

Originally posted by lynnj
well we are almost 2k all told for our 1 labrador.

Lynn
Don't forget to check daily for paralysis ticks on your dogs taht you take to Oz. They are prevalent on the Eastern Seaboard at any time of the year andcan kill in 24 hours.

Also watch when walking for snakes in bushy areas. That's also the worst place for the ticks! For ticks, they recomend you use Frontline Plus every 2 weeks but as this is a nerve agent it's not good longterm. You can use rose geranium oilmixed with almond oil. your dog will smell like a poof but it's better than being dead.

Mumomonty
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:15 pm
A Male Member

Default Re: Ticks and Snakes - Dogs

Originally posted by mumomonty
Don't forget to check daily for paralysis ticks on your dogs taht you take to Oz. They are prevalent on the Eastern Seaboard at any time of the year andcan kill in 24 hours.

Also watch when walking for snakes in bushy areas. That's also the worst place for the ticks! For ticks, they recomend you use Frontline Plus every 2 weeks but as this is a nerve agent it's not good longterm. You can use rose geranium oilmixed with almond oil. your dog will smell like a poof but it's better than being dead.

Mumomonty
And keep them away from the Koalas......
Old Oct 28th 2003, 6:21 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by Pen

How about taking him for a really long walk..?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.